• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

BT email system change

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Thornaby 37

It might be a good idea to contact BT to check whether it was a genuine notification from BT or a scam
The reason I say this is because an elderly relative of mine had his BT email account hacked recently

If on the other hand it is genuine, it could be the case that BT are trying to enhance security to safeguard against scammers, hackers, etc

Crossover

Established Member
It might be a good idea to contact BT to check whether it was a genuine notification from BT or a scam
The reason I say this is because an elderly relative of mine had his BT email account hacked recently

If on the other hand it is genuine, it could be the case that BT are trying to enhance security to safeguard against scammers, hackers, etc
I presume the changes may be this (on mobile so can’t easily quote I’m afraid)

If so, it looks like it may be security related (and also called progress…)

infobleep

Veteran Member
I presume the changes may be this (on mobile so can’t easily quote I’m afraid)

If so, it looks like it may be security related (and also called progress…)
How interesting. I have BT e-mail, which I pay for as I switched supplier ages ago and couldn't be bother to change my e-mail addresses.
Why are you making these changes?

We do appreciate that if you using multiple email addresses, this will change the way in which you currently access your account and we’re sorry for any inconvenience this might cause. However, with the ever increasing risks, we believe that separating your email from your BTID credentials reduces the risk associated with identity theft and subsequent fraud
Changes to how you login to BT Email | BT Help