• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Car hire Easter Monday in SW London (and bank holidays generally)

londiscape

Hoping someone can help here, Google has failed me unfortunately. My car's in with the mechanics and is broken, was hoping to get it back yesterday (Thurs) but the job they did didn't fix it.

I'm in SW London.

Could do with a rental car for next week's work but will need to pick it up on Monday afternoon - does anyone know any car hire firms open on Monday?

So far I've tried:
Enterprise - totally shut on Monday
Practical - said they "could be" open but don't have any automatics (I only have an auto licence)
Kendall - totally shut on Monday

Any help very much appreciated, many thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HBP

Any of the London airports car rentals should be open on Monday I would expect. At what price I’ve no idea.

londiscape

Any of the London airports car rentals should be open on Monday I would expect. At what price I’ve no idea.
Many thanks for reply, I did try the airports in the end - the prices were stupidly high, around £450 for the weeks rental even for an ordinary bog standard car.

I suspect price hiking due to bank holidays plus Easter school holidays.

Oh well, it's back to trains and taxis this week!