• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Class 710 LO

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter Sarf

Established Member
Very helpful. Hopefully visible.
To improve your temptation, based on old recollections, I doubt much at all is hard to see at Watford Junction if visiting.

If that draws a blank then worth getting off at Willesden Junction and having a nose around. Get up on the footbridge over the WCML. Also walk off down the footpath towards Stratford, up on the road and round to the right. Also a view off the high level platforms down the side of the shed. Not sure how you get there if the Wat-Eus line is out of action - possibly Bakerloo still running ?. Otherwise get there by North London Line ?.

Last edited:

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
To improve your temptation, based on old recollections, I doubt much at all is hard to see at Watford Junction if visiting.

If that draws a blank then worth getting off at Willesden Junction and having a nose around. Get up on the footbridge over the WCML. Also walk off down the footpath towards Stratford, up on the road and round to the right. Also a view off the high level platforms down the side of the shed. Not sure how you get there if the Wat-Eus line is out of action - possibly Bakerloo still running ?. Otherwise get there by North London Line ?.
Bakerloo is closed as well; Willesden Junction can be accessed from Clapham Junction, Richmond and Stratford today however.

You'll probably need binoculars to check what's visible inside the depot from the footbridge / high level platforms. However, you won't need to do that because there are main line services running out of Euston so you can just go past to get sight of 710 270.

Last edited:

Peter Sarf

Established Member
Bakerloo is closed as well; Willesden Junction can be accessed from Clapham Junction, Richmond and Stratford today however.

You'll probably need binoculars to check what's visible inside the depot from the footbridge / high level platforms. However, you won't need to do taht because there are main line services running out of Euston so you can just go past to get sight of 710 270.
Yes, should be a reasonable frequency on LNWR services Euston to Harrow and Wealdstone (zone 5 so within reach of a travelcard) and onwards to Watford Junction (beyond zone 6).

You'll probably need binoculars to check what's visible inside the depot from the footbridge / high level platforms. However, you won't need to do that because there are main line services running out of Euston so you can just go past to get sight of 710 270.
Thanks everyone for the help.
Managed to get 270 at Willesden (with difficulty) and 374 at Euston.
Abandoned 375 at Watford as my last 2 66/7s were at Tonbridge which I happily saw.
Back home tomorrow around 12.30 so may chase 375 then.
This forum plus RTT, PTS, and Freightmaster make a massive difference to trips so thanks to all.

Peter Sarf

Established Member
Thanks everyone for the help.
Managed to get 270 at Willesden (with difficulty) and 374 at Euston.
Abandoned 375 at Watford as my last 2 66/7s were at Tonbridge which I happily saw.
Back home tomorrow around 12.30 so may chase 375 then.
This forum plus RTT, PTS, and Freightmaster make a massive difference to trips so thanks to all.
Chances are that 375 will be on Wat-Eus tomorrow. Then scour Willesden then GospelOak-Barking (<=never, correction =>) North London Line.

All this help is cheating :oops:. But I don't know how I would do it otherwise <:D.

You have probably got time for Watford tonight. Or is the pub calling ?.

Last edited:

Chances are that 375 will be on Wat-Eus tomorrow. Then scour Willesden then GospelOak-Barking.

All this help is cheating :oops:. But I don't know how I would do it otherwise <:D.

You have probably got time for Watford tonight. Or is the pub calling ?.
The pub called in Tonbridge.
Wetherspoons Liv St last night £6.63 for Corona but £2.63 for a good real ale in Tonbridge Ws and £1.79 if I’d had Ruddles.
Perhaps as far off thread as can be . Apologies.

Wolfie

Established Member
The pub called in Tonbridge.
Wetherspoons Liv St last night £6.63 for Corona but £2.63 for a good real ale in Tonbridge Ws and £1.79 if I’d had Ruddles.
Perhaps as far off thread as can be . Apologies.
The scary thing about those central London Spoons prices is that they are still significantly cheaper than anyone else.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Chances are that 375 will be on Wat-Eus tomorrow. Then scour Willesden then GospelOak-Barking.
710 375 wouldn't be on the Goblin; the five car units don't fit the platforms...

It could be on the North London Line, however... but as it's berthed at Watford at the moment I think you're right in that it'll be on Watford to Euston all day.

Peter Sarf

Established Member
710 375 wouldn't be on the Goblin; the five car units don't fit the platforms...

It could be on the North London Line, however... but as it's berthed at Watford at the moment I think you're right in that it'll be on Watford to Euston all day.
Apologies - my brain failure, NLL would be the possibility but reported as above on Wat-Eus.

Apologies - my brain failure, NLL would be the possibility but reported as above on Wat-Eus.
Walked into Euston as it arrived around10.30. So lucky. Had to go to the Wetherdspoons to celebrate followed by the Euston Tap so all going well till I discovered lines shut at Wigan so working out how to get to Edinburgh.
Thanks for everyone’s help.
Also found bridge over sidings at Orient Way which was a good find.

Geml246

In case anyone is trying to find 710270 today,it is on Romford to Upminster shuttles.

Attachments

• 20240503_160523.jpg
    20240503_160523.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 39