• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Potteries Discussion

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Goldfish62

Established Member
Yes, 13' 10" though, so too tall for the bridge in question.
Is the signage a triangle or circle? If the former it's advisory. There's a 14'3" bridge in the Hope Valley which full height buses go under daily.

If it's circular signage there's no such discretion.

CBlue

Is the signage a triangle or circle? If the former it's advisory. There's a 14'3" bridge in the Hope Valley which full height buses go under daily.

If it's circular signage there's no such discretion.
Assuming we're talking about the railway bridge, it shows as triangular signage on google streetview.

1714381947424.png

G760XRE

New evening services 36/36A are not tracking on either bustimes.org or on the First App on the 1st day of operation. Unless I'm missing something

Baxenden Bank

Established Member
New evening services 36/36A are not tracking on either bustimes.org or on the First App on the 1st day of operation. Unless I'm missing something
The journeys on the 11 are tracking on bustimes, so they haven't completely forgotten to run the new services.

The bus working, referred to by @markymark2000 coming off the 4A (1830 ex Hanley) appears to have sat in Butt Lane from 1925 to 1943 (rather than going to Kidsgrove then looping back private), arrived at Fourth Avenue at 1946, in time to depart on the 36 at 1953. But bustimes shows nothing beyond that. The vehicle in question is 63116 - SK63 KGG.

If it weren't so cold I'd womble out and observe!

markymark2000

On Moderation
Don't hold out much hope. Crewe 6 ran for 4 1/2 months and never tracked. I'd emailed first multiple times but as per, they weren't bothered about complying with the law (the law being the The Public Service Vehicles (Open Data) (England) Regulations 2020)

G760XRE

Don't hold out much hope. Crewe 6 ran for 4 1/2 months and never tracked. I'd emailed first multiple times but as per, they weren't bothered about complying with the law (the law being the The Public Service Vehicles (Open Data) (England) Regulations 2020)
I've reported an issue with the data via the bus open data service (https://data.bus-data.dft.gov.uk/avl/dataset/8580/). I'll see if that makes any difference. But yes I remember now First running that service after Arriva pulled out of Crewe and it never tracked to my knowledge. Should've seen this coming!

Simon75

On Moderation
How is the potteries fleet looking these days?

I know more street lites are also being added into the fleet to help phase out older single buses and have a more common fleet
Except for trainers

Single deckers are Streetlites, e200mmc, with a 57 and 07 plate e200

Double deckers e400mmc

Baxenden Bank

Established Member
I've reported an issue with the data via the bus open data service (https://data.bus-data.dft.gov.uk/avl/dataset/8580/). I'll see if that makes any difference. But yes I remember now First running that service after Arriva pulled out of Crewe and it never tracked to my knowledge. Should've seen this coming!
Being mischievous: If it didn't track, it didn't run and if it didn't run they don't get paid!
Time for an email to the council perhaps!

I'm not sure it's at all helpful having a new route number. Anyone looking up the 3, 6 or 6A timetables will assume services finish at their previous times. Perfectly possible to have it on the 3 timetable with a note 'continues as service 6' (or 6A as applicable). A journey planner presumably picks up all the journeys eg for a Kidsgrove to Hanley query, but I hate all journey planners with a vengeance.

markymark2000

On Moderation
I'm not sure it's at all helpful having a new route number. Anyone looking up the 3, 6 or 6A timetables will assume services finish at their previous times. Perfectly possible to have it on the 3 timetable with a note 'continues as service 6' (or 6A as applicable).
That is how it was put out to tender. Sadly, it's just another example of councils putting themselves first and not passengers. They can claim they have introduced cross city links and use that to play politics.

Baxenden Bank

Established Member
That is how it was put out to tender. Sadly, it's just another example of councils putting themselves first and not passengers. They can claim they have introduced cross city links and use that to play politics.
Indeed. First are no better though:
With over 30 bus services riding around the North Staffordshire area, you’ll easily be able to find your favourite destinations.
Let's take a look at those 'over' 30:
3A
4A
6A
6C: college service, one direction only
7A
11B
36A
37: works service twice per day
B1: football specials
PC5: closed door school service
PC6: closed door school service
PC7: closed door school service
PC8: closed door school service
PC9: closed door school service

Which I get to total only 29 and between five and eight of those are of very limited use!

G760XRE

Being mischievous: If it didn't track, it didn't run and if it didn't run they don't get paid!
Time for an email to the council perhaps!

I'm not sure it's at all helpful having a new route number. Anyone looking up the 3, 6 or 6A timetables will assume services finish at their previous times. Perfectly possible to have it on the 3 timetable with a note 'continues as service 6' (or 6A as applicable). A journey planner presumably picks up all the journeys eg for a Kidsgrove to Hanley query, but I hate all journey planners with a vengeance.
Tempted, especially if I get as much radio silence as Mark did regarding Crewe service 6. I know tracking shouldn't be relied upon solely, but it's certainly a helpful tool for the travelling public. Even moreso on infrequent evening services such as these. Plus, as has been mentioned, bus operators in England are now required to provide this data.

I've just noticed on the list of current registrations for First Potteries the services aren't listed on bustimes.org, despite there being timetable data elsewhere on the site. Not sure if this is relevant though.

Baxenden Bank

Established Member
Tempted, especially if I get as much radio silence as Mark did regarding Crewe service 6. I know tracking shouldn't be relied upon solely, but it's certainly a helpful tool for the travelling public. Even moreso on infrequent evening services such as these. Plus, as has been mentioned, bus operators in England are now required to provide this data.

I've just noticed on the list of current registrations for First Potteries the services aren't listed on bustimes.org, despite there being timetable data elsewhere on the site. Not sure if this is relevant though.

It is under 'new' rather than 'registered'.
36/36A PD0000003/189