• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London station photos

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LBMPSB

Personally I think it is a great idea. And the fact the owner of the photographs allows them to be used by others is great. So many photographs recent and in the past get locked away and rarely seen, except by the privileged few, by the many Railway Societies that exist. I take photos of railways, have done since 1977. I have always allowed other to use them, view them, freely without charge. I took the photographs of railways to preserve history for others to see and enjoy, not to be locked inside some societies cupboard and can only been seen on request or by some payment. With modern technology such as the internet , al historical photos of railways should be digitalised and made available for alll to see. Just cannot see why a photograph of history is copyrighted, locked away for only a few to see. It is preserved history.

Sunil_P

Thanks for the nice words! Could it be this "Sunil060902" and Sunil_P are one and the same?

Sunil_P

Thank you - in recent weeks, put up updates to:

Twickenham
Woodgrange Park
Dalston Kingsland
Hackney Wick
Hackney Central
Homerton
West Hampstead (Overground)
Colindale
Gatwick Airport.

Last edited:

nanstallon

Personally I think it is a great idea. And the fact the owner of the photographs allows them to be used by others is great. So many photographs recent and in the past get locked away and rarely seen, except by the privileged few, by the many Railway Societies that exist. I take photos of railways, have done since 1977. I have always allowed other to use them, view them, freely without charge. I took the photographs of railways to preserve history for others to see and enjoy, not to be locked inside some societies cupboard and can only been seen on request or by some payment. With modern technology such as the internet , al historical photos of railways should be digitalised and made available for alll to see. Just cannot see why a photograph of history is copyrighted, locked away for only a few to see. It is preserved history.
Agree. It is sad when everything comes down to money and private gain.