• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground - CSA1 & CSA2 (2022 & 2023 intake)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyflyer

Anyone heard anything about night tube training starting anytime soon?
Sadly after 18 months from submitting my application, I am still waiting for screening medical and training dates. (Though I have been offered full-time and the 20 hour part-time contract) I'm in the process at the moment of being recruited with another London-based railway company for weekend work only. (This is my preferred choice). This is progressing well, my dilemma would be if TFL were to progress my conditional offer then I would have to make quite a difficult decision to continue with TfL or progress with the new company.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jackblack213

Sadly after 18 months from submitting my application, I am still waiting for screening medical and training dates. (Though I have been offered full-time and the 20 hour part-time contract) I'm in the process at the moment of being recruited with another London-based railway company for weekend work only. (This is my preferred choice). This is progressing well, my dilemma would be if TFL were to progress my conditional offer then I would have to make quite a difficult decision to continue with TfL or progress with the new company.

Thanks @Skyflyer. It sure is a long old wait isn't it? I haven't been waiting quite as long as you but it has been a while. I wouldn't mind the 20 hour contract if they offered it to me, but I've heard nothing since I was told I got the job. I guess if the other job comes in sooner for you, then you may as well take it as you just don't know when you will get a start date with TFL. Then you would have to weigh up the pros and cons of working for each company when TFL do confirm a training date. I guess it is a good dilemma to have really! I have read on here that it might be the middle of the year so I'm thinking maybe July or August time but who knows!

Last edited by a moderator:

dazzag

Your situation would be my Ideal situation if honest as I'm awaiting VR at my work as it's going through huge changes in coming year/s and they're handing it out VR regular.
So if I was a successful applicant then was on waiting list with a guarantee that would be perfect for me .

Curious to know how long people are awaiting for their induction into training?

coffeetable

Your situation would be my Ideal situation if honest as I'm awaiting VR at my work as it's going through huge changes in coming year/s and they're handing it out VR regular.
So if I was a successful applicant then was on waiting list with a guarantee that would be perfect for me .

Curious to know how long people are awaiting for their induction into training?
I can share my experience. I applied for NT Tube in August 2022 and went through a lengthy interview process that extended into November 2023. In December, I received an email congratulating me on being successful, but then to my surprise, another email arrived within a week stating they wouldn't be opening the vacancy until mid-2024. Frustrated by the wait, I decided to take their part-time weekday evening position. Unfortunately, my application is now stuck in the reference stage, and I have no idea how long this delay will last.

Flow

Did they call you or how did they communicate this with you? And secondly have you done your medicals?
They called me to book my medical after I was cleared I got my contract to sign through email. I know I definitely start on the 13th but still waiting on instructions on what time to start etc

CSANewbie2024

I can share my experience. I applied for NT Tube in August 2022 and went through a lengthy interview process that extended into November 2023. In December, I received an email congratulating me on being successful, but then to my surprise, another email arrived within a week stating they wouldn't be opening the vacancy until mid-2024. Frustrated by the wait, I decided to take their part-time weekday evening position. Unfortunately, my application is now stuck in the reference stage, and I have no idea how long this delay will last.
Same here brother - been stuck waiting for TFL to respond to a question from Reed for over 2 weeks now.
Still need a medical and start date but who knows when that will be at this rate XD

ademide

They called me to book my medical after I was cleared I got my contract to sign through email. I know I definitely start on the 13th but still waiting on instructions on what time to start etc
Thanks, I’ve gotten a start date for my training but I’m awaiting medicals

coffeetable

Same here brother - been stuck waiting for TFL to respond to a question from Reed for over 2 weeks now.
Still need a medical and start date but who knows when that will be at this rate XD
Good luck, bro. I hope it finishes by the end of June. I planned my holidays for August, but at this rate, I don't think I can take them then.
I tried calling Reed Screening. They advertise 24/7 service, but after waiting on hold for more than 45 minutes, no one picked up the call. They also haven't responded to my email inquiry in 10 days. I'm still waiting to hear from them.

You’ll be fine, the expiry/start date listed on Reed is just a placeholder put by HR.

My screening took over a month and passed the date listed. Luckily a ninja didn't drop out of the sky and attack me - shortly after, I passed the referencing stage. You are much better off just waiting and keeping yourself occupied with something else.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
For 2024 intake discussion, please use the following thread:

If anyone was part of the 2022/23 intakes, and needs to post something in this thread, please report this post with a draft or summary of what you want to post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.