• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

London Underground stock requests

Dart34518

Would anyone have any info on the following Victoria Line sets? Not seen them allocated for quite some time:

11035 & 11089

Thanks in advance!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bigchris

Would anyone have any info on the following Victoria Line sets? Not seen them allocated for quite some time:

11035 & 11089

Thanks in advance!
11035 has been out of use for a very long time, certainly the last couple of years. I'd like to know where it is as it's my last set. I haven't seen 11089 since about early Sep last year so that's another one that's looking like a long term out of use set too. Sorry that's not really any help but hopefully somebody can help with their exact locations.

Dart34518

That's useful though, saves waiting for an age! Hopefully someone can fill in the blanks.

Thanks again

leonie13

11035 has been out of use for a very long time, certainly the last couple of years. I'd like to know where it is as it's my last set. I haven't seen 11089 since about early Sep last year so that's another one that's looking like a long term out of use set too. Sorry that's not really any help but hopefully somebody can help with their exact locations.

My understanding is 11036/11035 have basically been cannibalised of parts, to help repairs to other sets.

11090/11089 was involved in an 'incident' with 11018/11017 at Northumberland Park Depot back in the autumn. The rumour is that it would be a big surprise if those sets ever ran again, and they have also been cannibalised of parts.

sftfan1909

Hi, can anyone confirm the current middle sets of 91065/91127 please, I appear to have erroneously recorded 92311 as being one so presume it's 310/312
Thanks in advance

starlight73

This afternoon I noticed yellow battery loco 30 outside in the grounds of Millennium Site Services, Derby. I know the firm does work on rolling stock from time to time but out of (my) curiosity does anyone know if this LU engineers loco is retired or up here for a refurb please?
I don’t know, but I had a look at Millennium’s website and they mostly do interior/body work. (Including seating, painting, body-shell replacements.) Somebody is still using it enough to spend money on it!

London Underground is displayed as one of their clients.

Skymonster

Established Member
I don’t know, but I had a look at Millennium’s website and they mostly do interior/body work. (Including seating, painting, body-shell replacements.) Somebody is still using it enough to spend money on it!

London Underground is displayed as one of their clients.
Battery L30 is still there, outside with a tarp over it so nothing is happening fast to it.

starlight73

Battery L30 is still there, outside with a tarp over it so nothing is happening fast to it.
I’ve checked on another forum and someone wrote in 2018 that battery loco L30 was “on stands long term” (I.e. out of use)

As of 2017 there were life extension works ongoing on the battery locos. (Page 31 of this doc - can’t find anything more up to date). This could be why L30 is up there but maybe the work is heavily delayed. (apologies if you already know this!)

I’ve seen no indication that L30 has left London Underground

Skymonster

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback on L30 in Derby. I presume others may have arrived (and gone) but go straight inside for work with L30 kept outside acting as a Christmas Tree