• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nottinghamshire & Derbyshire Bus News

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

joieman

Optare Solo SR 502 has entered service with Kinchbus on the Skylink this morning. Can someone confirm if it has been repainted, as it seems plausible given the time elapsed during which it was out of service, or is it still in the Mango livery?

MCR247

Established Member
Is anyone aware as to why 4 cylinder 11.8m Enviro200 MMCs were chosen for Indigo as opposed to the more common 6 cylinder? They feel awfully sluggish sometimes
I’ve no idea as to why but it does seem like TB we’re experimenting a bit with some of their early E200 MMC orders with different engine sizes and different gearboxes

Hyebone

Is anyone aware as to why 4 cylinder 11.8m Enviro200 MMCs were chosen for Indigo as opposed to the more common 6 cylinder? They feel awfully sluggish sometimes
Adding on, what fleet numbers are the 29 brand new ADLs to wear? Will the 4 Cylinder variants (Indigo, Nines and Allestree) move up to 3xx as Wellglade no longer have Tempos?

joieman

I wonder which type is the most reliable
Well, as we know, 207 has already been burned to a crisp, so that's already a mark down for the 4-cylinder ones.
Arriva Midlands 3142 was also destroyed by fire in Botcheston, Leicestershire, last year. Judging by the size of the gap between the side windows and the back, it looks like that might have been a 4-cylinder-engine MMC as well.

Last edited:

bringiton

Well, as we know, 207 has already been burned to a crisp, so that's already a mark down for the 4-cylinder ones.
Arriva Midlands 3142 was also destroyed by fire in Botcheston, Leicestershire, last year. Judging by the size of the gap between the side windows and the back, it looks like that might have been a 4-cylinder-engine MMC as well.
Doesn't mean much though. Theres always different variables between each. So doesn't mean the certain type is bad

joieman

Doesn't mean much though. Theres always different variables between each. So doesn't mean the certain type is bad
Well, perhaps those two were just unfortunate. These two incidents were the only fires involving MMCs I can pull off the top of my head.
In other news, the Yutongs for Nottingham City Transport's services 40/1/2 have begun to enter service.

Trainman40083

207 is now in Albert Looms for disposal

liamf656

207 is now in Albert Looms for disposal
As already seen in post #1,725

Fire damaged indigo 207 has now been sent for scrap (looms, Spondon)

Trainman40083

748 appears to be on red arrow as well as 104 being on v3
But then it could just be ticket machines with the wrong fleet number on. Seemingly, 104 tracked on the V3 last night. 716 went to Burton and did not seem to work back, leaving the 21.15 ex Derby missed out ..I guess at that time of night, a driver might get the easiest bus to access.

bringiton

But then it could just be ticket machines with the wrong fleet number on. Seemingly, 104 tracked on the V3 last night. 716 went to Burton and did not seem to work back, leaving the 21.15 ex Derby missed out ..I guess at that time of night, a driver might get the easiest bus to access.
Yeah thats why i said appears to be. However, I do believe it was 748 since it ran back straight away allowing the coach to do the return journey, but I could be wrong
It appears 9 busses on red arrow. 4 spares (1 MMC, 3 Urbans), 5 coaches.

Last edited:

Trainman40083

Yeah thats why i said appears to be. However, I do believe it was 748 since it ran back straight away allowing the coach to do the return journey, but I could be wrong
It appears 9 busses on red arrow. 4 spares (1 MMC, 3 Urbans), 5 coaches.
All those on Red Arrow. Must be raising their game. That said, I might believe it when they run a full service on Sixes and Villager V1.

tram21

Yutong E10s 218 and 219 have entered service at NCT, with the remaining 10 of the batch expected to enter service on Monday and Tuesday next week.

219 is shown in City Hospital on the 40

Attachments

• 20240511_104840.jpg
    20240511_104840.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 30

bringiton

All those on Red Arrow. Must be raising their game. That said, I might believe it when they run a full service on Sixes and Villager V1.
I doubt villager will get a full service till they get the mmcs, but they might have a miracle. Also, they are probably raising their game since its the only service they can charge full fares on. Got to pay off that MMC order somehow

tram21

Kinchbus 901 *appears* to be back in service, tracking on the 9. Have no idea if this is actually the case or not!

This isn't the conventional Indigo route! :lol: There was an issue on Derby Road but the diversion is very, very odd, then it appears to have encountered an issue at Savoy Cinema when at 45 minutes delay!
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/tbtn-213-yy18-trx#journeys/577631402

Last edited:

Trainman40083

I doubt villager will get a full service till they get the mmcs, but they might have a miracle. Also, they are probably raising their game since its the only service they can charge full fares on. Got to pay off that MMC order somehow
I could not have answered that better myself.

Kinchbus 901 *appears* to be back in service, tracking on the 9. Have no idea if this is actually the case or not!

This isn't the conventional Indigo route! :lol: There was an issue on Derby Road but the diversion is very, very odd, then it appears to have encountered an issue at Savoy Cinema when at 45 minutes delay!
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/tbtn-213-yy18-trx#journeys/577631402
Certainly was a road blockage in Borrowash affecting i4 and Indigo earlier, near where they split.