• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scottish A4s

shredder1

Established Member
Im very interested in the later years of the A4s in Scotland when a few of them were transferred and ran on the Glasgow Buchanan Street to Aberdeen services on the old Caledonian lines, can anyone recommend any books on these in this period.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Albaman

Im very interested in the later years of the A4s in Scotland when a few of them were transferred and ran on the Glasgow Buchanan Street to Aberdeen services on the old Caledonian lines, can anyone recommend any books on these in this period.

"Memories of Steam from Glasgow to Aberdeen " by Michael S. Welch, published in 1993 by Runpast Publishing.

Sun Chariot

Established Member
2 miles and 50 years away from the Longmoor Milita
I've given away my book collection but I heartily recommend Bill (W. J.) Verden Anderson, Derek Penney, Derek Cross and Keith Pirt.
All of my Scottish steam books by them, included excellent and varied photos of A4 hauled Glasgow-Aberdeen services.

Last edited:

shredder1

Established Member
I've given away my book collection but I heartily recommend Bill (W. J.) Verden Anderson, Derek Penney, Derek Cross and Keith Pirt.
All of my Scottish steam books by them, included excellent and varied photos of A4 hauled Glasgow-Aberdeen services.
Thank you very much, I do have some of those, but thank you.