• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Simsig - sent joining trains into different platforms

Class15

On Moderation
Hi all, I made an error in Simsig Wembley Mainline and sent train 2W63 into Platform 8 at Euston instead of booked Platform 3 due to congestion, but I didn’t realise it was joining 1W86 which was already in Platform 3. Now they are both waiting for joining train. How do I get out of this one?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
You could 'abandon' the join, and either run both separately or you could delete one of the trains (both are of course unrealistic)

Or alternatively if you wanted to achieve the join, you would have to reverse one of them and back again, but that would take a lot more work to achieve

Class15

On Moderation
You could 'abandon' the join, and either run both separately or you could delete one of the trains (both are of course unrealistic)

Or alternatively if you wanted to achieve the join, you would have to reverse one of them and back again, but that would take a lot more work to achieve
Thank you. They are both going to Camden carriage sidings, so can I just run them separately?

Boodiggy

It has been known to happen at Euston in real-life .
If there is time you could shunt, run short-formed with RT departure and strengthen a later service or leave a unit on the stops!

Note I have never player Sim-Sig but I have seen it happen at Euston from Wembley ML!

bramling

Veteran Member
Hi all, I made an error in Simsig Wembley Mainline and sent train 2W63 into Platform 8 at Euston instead of booked Platform 3 due to congestion, but I didn’t realise it was joining 1W86 which was already in Platform 3. Now they are both waiting for joining train. How do I get out of this one?

You essentially have three options

1) Cancel the join, run the service as half length, but be left with a unit stuck on the platform. If you wanted to deal with this semi realistically you could find another suitable service with same stock going to the same destination and attach it to that instead.

2) Shunt the unit out and back in again

3) Find an incoming service which is of the same stock type, and use that for the attachment instead, and make one of the original units form the service that should have made. Ideally you want to find a way of doing this that doesn’t cause a delay, but in practice you might have to accept late departures on either or both services. In reality control would make this decision.

In real life 3 is preferable subject to nil delay, failing that 2 if time allows. If not then probably 3 with a delay.

Thank you. They are both going to Camden carriage sidings, so can I just run them separately?

In real life only if you have a spare driver! But yes it’s another way out.