• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Stagecoach North Scotland (Bluebird and Highland)

Bowie

MX14FUP was using 53715 machine don't know if it still is.
Most likely they’ve decided not to fix 27105 and used that engine to fix 27917 although that might not be the case, additionally 2 of the new Mercedes coaches have been registered on Bustimes. Now we just need the other 4 to be added

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Most likely they’ve decided not to fix 27105 and used that engine to fix 27917 although that might not be the case, additionally 2 of the new Mercedes coaches have been registered on Bustimes. Now we just need the other 4 to be added
59101 left this afternoon 59102/3/6 are still not ready.

For anyone interested.

Stagecoach Highlands
54210 SF62CZN
Volvo B11RT Plaxton Elite i

Stagecoach West Scotland
50501 SJ73HVZ
Volvo B13RT 9700DD

Stagecoach Bluebird
53735 BF63ZRT ( 495FFJ )
Volvo B9R Caetano Levante

Stagecoach Bluebird
53731 BF63ZRN ( 900RWX )
Volvo B9R Caetano Levante

Last edited:

voidwxrranty

Of course it is haha no surprised, and yeah i saw the post, gave it a like
Bluebird 22781 CN09 AAJ is finally tracking and so is 27917 SN63 VUS, i assume its either MX14 FUP with its ticket machine or another bus
MX14 FUP is tracking as VUS now.

Bowie

Thurso based 54310 YX64 WCO has come down to Inverness for storage most likely or they’re just using it for 925 services

I assume they’ll just be kept at the depot in case they’re needed for anything such as the 925 service
They have currently 53708 & 54310 for that the rest will be redeployed to other depots were they are needed.

Don't know if of interest to anyone here's a old video of 54210 SF62CZN when it first arrived from Dumfries with its X74 Livery.

Last edited:

Bowie

I got it coming in. It's on Facebook and 54210 is back on the pits in pieces again.

We were tracking it on Green Road.
I don’t know why i didn’t ask when you originally posted this but whats Green Road used for and how do you access it?

Bowie

What was with a couple of Inverness’s double deckers going to Fort William bus depot yesterday? Any ideas?

What was with a couple of Inverness’s double deckers going to Fort William bus depot yesterday? Any ideas?
Disregard, turns out its for some mountain biking event as shuttle buses

Last edited:

Disregard, turns out its for some mountain biking event as shuttle buses
Yes, they were staged at the former Stagecoach depot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scotrail88

Any update on the actual changes in Aberdeen fast approaching?

Only a week away and nothing shown on website.

Far stretch from previous ‘consultations’

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Any update on the actual changes in Aberdeen fast approaching?

Only a week away and nothing shown on website.

Far stretch from previous ‘consultations’
From what i understand the changes have been postponed until August, in part due to driver shortage at Inverness. That said i'd still be surprised if there was any public consultation. August makes more sense either way as it means the changes will tie in with any potential Aberdeenshire Council contract changes.

The changes for the 20th of this month are just related to the closure of Union Street.

Jordan1296

From what i understand the changes have been postponed until August, in part due to driver shortage at Inverness. That said i'd still be surprised if there was any public consultation. August makes more sense either way as it means the changes will tie in with any potential Aberdeenshire Council contract changes.

The changes for the 20th of this month are just related to the closure of Union Street.
I do know for certain that Deeside school buses will be changed, as Banchory Academy are changing their school day (a bit like what Hazlehead do).

Bowie

I feel bad for anyone planning to use the M96 to Aberdeen. They’ve got 26131 SK68 LVR on the M96 and had 36953 on the 10 earlier

I feel bad for anyone planning to use the M96 to Aberdeen. They’ve got 26131 SK68 LVR on the M96 and had 36953 on the 10 earlier
(For reference, I looked up 36953 and it's an E200 Classic.)
I've seen E200s at Aberdeen on the 35 before but never on the 10.

Regarding the M96, I know it's not a standard Citylink/Megabus service but do Citylink/Megabus not expect a minimum standard of vehicle in exchange for advertising the service on their websites and journey planners?

Bowie

Regarding the M96, I know it's not a standard Citylink/Megabus service but do Citylink/Megabus not expect a minimum standard of vehicle in exchange for advertising the service on their websites and journey planners?
There are meant to be the YX67 plate coaches on the M96. That's why when it first launched there were 3 coaches loaned to Bluebird from Highland to do the 10 and the YX67 plates would do the M96. Thankfully it happens very very rarely where a double decker or a single decker is on the M96. I should also mention that the E200 was swapped out for a double decker when it got to Elgin; I’d still hate it all the way to Aberdeen, though.

This Is why when it eventually moves over to Highland's the newly painted 54821 - 24 will be used for it.