• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Transdev Blazefield

Established Member
Haven't necessarily noticed major changes in cleanliness, but on the bus side I have anecdotally noticed an uptick in the number of branded route buses doing other routes now. Pink buses doing the Haworth runs and what not. It would make sense for them to adopt a common livery across the companies and stop giving each one 5+ sub brands, I think ultimately this will end up being the biggest visible change from the previous era.

It never really made sense to do it in the first place and the biggest offender of it was when they took over Rosso and tried everything they could to get rid of any trace of the brand. Felt like every bus got a different livery for a while there.

It'd probably make more of a mess trying to adopt a common livery now, particularly as the closest thing they have now is a dull grey and probably not a good choice. A lot of the sub-brands are pretty long standing things as well in some form.

I agree they went too far with Rosso though - it was as if everything had to have its own brand. There must have been nearly a dozen of them, plus the rarely-seen core Rosso brand changed from the old red and white to yellow for no real reason, but the main service actually in Rossendale became purple. I think they could have had some route branding without making it so complicated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ashly_Jethro

It'd probably make more of a mess trying to adopt a common livery now, particularly as the closest thing they have now is a dull grey and probably not a good choice. A lot of the sub-brands are pretty long standing things as well in some form.

I agree they went too far with Rosso though - it was as if everything had to have its own brand. There must have been nearly a dozen of them, plus the rarely-seen core Rosso brand changed from the old red and white to yellow for no real reason, but the main service actually in Rossendale became purple. I think they could have had some route branding without making it so complicated.
There’s obviously no plans to stop the localised or even route specific brands with quite a few recent vehicles being painted into their local colours for Keighley, Blackburn, and Burnley. I was even surprised to hear that DalesWay and AireLine will even retain their Yellow and Red front ends when they transition to the B5TLs, I would have expected to see a Keighley two tone green with route vinyls over like Brontë bus has. At least then if the PVRs shift between the two services they can easily swap the vinyls.

Bayum

Established Member
Is anyone able to track the X98 for me? On my phone with limited availability but Bus Checker is showing 55mins for the 17:55…

At the Easgate (Victoria A) bus stop. This will be the only X98 of the day that doesn’t call here I guarantee…

Last edited:

Steve440

Is anyone able to track the X98 for me? On my phone with limited availability but Bus Checker is showing 55mins for the 17:55…

At the Easgate (Victoria A) bus stop. This will be the only X98 of the day that doesn’t call here I guarantee…
Bustimes is showing it just passing Roundhay park 27 mins late on the way in to Leeds!

Bayum

Established Member
Bustimes is showing it just passing Roundhay park 27 mins late on the way in to Leeds!
⭐️⭐️⭐️
As long as there’s an X98 on its way somewhere is the main thing.

⭐️⭐️⭐️
As long as there’s an X98 on its way somewhere is the main thing.
Does your tracking show whether it’s a nice 400?

johntea

Established Member
The old Transdev Go app has now been completely disabled so it can't even be used for the far superior tracking facilities which are (were!) still a million times better than the new app even after several updates now

I couldn't help noticing that the social media channels have actually disabled commenting on any recent posts asking "Have you download our new app yet?!", I wonder why...

SCH117X

Established Member
Still lots of basic errors as well with services listed as presumably first timetabled working such as 7 Woodlands Corner to Leeds Bus Station and 36 Starbeck Crossing to Leeds Bus Station. The ticketing is still offering Boroughbridge & Ripon tickets for the now no longer operated services plus the 21

Seehof

Sometime ago there was discussion that the 24/25/26 series of York routes would be changing at the beginning of June. Is this still going ahead and if so what is the exact date, please?

Seehof

But they are definitely up for retendering - goes anyone know when that is? I am sure I read somewhere that routes 24 and 26 would become end to end with Connexions going hourly on route 16 to take over the Acomb loop on route 24. There have already been complaints in the local paper from people saying that with the 16 taking over the Acomb loop and the service going to hourly they will not be able to get on the bus further on and want the Transdev 24 to continue to serve the Acomb loop.

YorkRailFan

On Moderation
But they are definitely up for retendering - goes anyone know when that is? I am sure I read somewhere that routes 24 and 26 would become end to end with Connexions going hourly on route 16 to take over the Acomb loop on route 24. There have already been complaints in the local paper from people saying that with the 16 taking over the Acomb loop and the service going to hourly they will not be able to get on the bus further on and want the Transdev 24 to continue to serve the Acomb loop.
11 was also meant to take over the South Bank loop from 26. I believe the process ended at the end of April with a decision expected soon.

Delenn

Transdev end running the routes end of August / beginning of September. So the tenders should be out already. Not aware of anything being awarded yet.

Man of Kent

No tender invitations have been issued for anything this year yet.
Possibly due to the City Council's transport powers passing to the new Combined Authority. Although (following the example of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority when first set up) they may be delegated back down again, possibly with some direction from the new Mayor and his administration. (The Tory mayoral candidate had specifically said he would reinstate the abandoned loop on the 13).

Leedsbusman

Possibly due to the City Council's transport powers passing to the new Combined Authority. Although (following the example of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority when first set up) they may be delegated back down again, possibly with some direction from the new Mayor and his administration. (The Tory mayoral candidate had specifically said he would reinstate the abandoned loop on the 13).
No - it’s usual for York to leave it late!

SCH117X

Established Member
I believe North Yorkshire Council's responsibility will transfer to the combined authority quite quickly. I was told the other week the relevant staff had already moved to the combined authority. That unitary council is trying to find cost savings so getting rid of public transport responsibilities will be a high priority and it would consequently require City of York's powers to move as well.

Seehof

2 different political authorities with potentially the same responsibility. I am sure it will settle down and hope it will be for the best.

Ken H

On Moderation
Looks like Transdev 100 is currently on fire in Blackburn, link to original source below:

Hopefully everyone got clear and safely away.
R100 TDV ?

Looks like Transdev 100 is currently on fire in Blackburn, link to original source below:

Hopefully everyone got clear and safely away.
Dunno if facebook links allowed. Please delete if not.

Last edited:

Andyh82

Established Member
Someone has already marked it as withdrawn and removed it from BusTimes

Thankfully it seems it didn’t spread to the bus station, we don’t want another Slough situation

Established Member
Someone has already marked it as withdrawn and removed it from BusTimes

Thankfully it seems it didn’t spread to the bus station, we don’t want another Slough situation

With how intense the fire was I'll be amazed if there's no damage to the mostly glass bus station.

The Lancashire Telegraph report has a video taken by a passenger on a bus right next to it just as the fire was starting https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co....h-dramatic-moment-bus-catches-fire-blackburn/

Looking at other videos around social media and how quickly the fire appears to have spread it's very fortunate this happened while the bus was stopped and apparently with no passengers on board.

Bayum

Established Member
On an X98 to Wetherby. Left maybe 10mins late, should now (16:49) be in Deighton Bar but only just coming in to Scarcroft. On top of that, the even-hour X98s from Leeds haven’t been running. X99 overtook us at Roundhay Park. Is this sort of rigmarole commonplace on this route now? First at least made sure that we had all buses running and, generally, on time.

SCH117X

Established Member
Seems to have been something causing delays on top of a brakedown. - the 1406 X99 from Wetherby lost half an hour from Scarcroft. The sole remaining Eviro 400 appears to have become unserviceable at Wetherby Police Station on the 1327 from Deighton Bar and Starbeck evenually came up with a Gemini to restore the hourly X98 service starting with the 1645 from Leeds. First had the advantage of probably being able to provide a replacment quickly slotting the new vehicle straight in at Leeds. Strabeck is typically short of serviceable vehicles hence the retention of the two nominally withdrawn Versas that were meant just for last weekends Flower Show services but which all week have been in use on the 21 and a school service.

Bayum

Established Member
Seems to have been something causing delays on top of a brakedown. - the 1406 X99 from Wetherby lost half an hour from Scarcroft. The sole remaining Eviro 400 appears to have become unserviceable at Wetherby Police Station on the 1327 from Deighton Bar and Starbeck evenually came up with a Gemini to restore the hourly X98 service starting with the 1645 from Leeds. First had the advantage of probably being able to provide a replacment quickly slotting the new vehicle straight in at Leeds. Strabeck is typically short of serviceable vehicles hence the retention of the two nominally withdrawn Versas that were meant just for last weekends Flower Show services but which all week have been in use on the 21 and a school service.
Was nearly a 40min delay last week as well.