• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

West Yorkshire off-peak bus and train Daysaver

Just reporting back on this.

TVM at Shipley would sell me the ticket I wanted but not for a future date (at least that I could tell). Didn't go anywhere near a staffed station on Saturday so unable to buy one, but on Sunday I decided that instead of starting by bus I'd start on the train from Apperley Bridge so bought one there on the morning of Travel and thereby avoided a bus fare on top.

If I do it again, I'll probably just suck up buying an app-based ticket unless I can get to a ticket office in the days ahead to buy in advance. I don't live locally any more so there's just that bit more planning involved.

More importantly, had a great day out around Bradford and Leeds with a friend I haven't seen in a number of years, so all is well that ends well.

Thanks to everyone for your help! Safe travels.

tt

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Just reporting back on this.

TVM at Shipley would sell me the ticket I wanted but not for a future date (at least that I could tell). Didn't go anywhere near a staffed station on Saturday so unable to buy one, but on Sunday I decided that instead of starting by bus I'd start on the train from Apperley Bridge so bought one there on the morning of Travel and thereby avoided a bus fare on top.

If I do it again, I'll probably just suck up buying an app-based ticket unless I can get to a ticket office in the days ahead to buy in advance. I don't live locally any more so there's just that bit more planning involved.

More importantly, had a great day out around Bradford and Leeds with a friend I haven't seen in a number of years, so all is well that ends well.

Thanks to everyone for your help! Safe travels.

tt
If you know you're going to be doing it again, you could order a free MCard as per my previous post.

If you know you're going to be doing it again, you could order a free MCard as per my previous post.

Thank you for the reminder, and I just tried to do that, though when I clicked through to order an Mcard online I received a "page not found" error. Hopefully it's temporary (and shorter than the closure of Bradford Interchange!)