• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Advice for a southeastern prosecution letter

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
It didn’t include my middle name? So should I write that where it says forenames? I take it I fill the rest in eg date national insurance etc
I don't think it matters if you don't put your middle name, but there's nothing to stop you putting it in if you want to.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

wan1

I don't think it matters if you don't put your middle name, but there's nothing to stop you putting it in if you want to.
Okay sweet I’ll leave it blank then fill the rest out correct

Does this look alright? If so I will send it off.

Please let me know if this looks good and I will send it off asap

Attachments

• IMG_0282.jpeg
    IMG_0282.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0289.jpeg
    IMG_0289.jpeg
    439.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0288.jpeg
    IMG_0288.jpeg
    419 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

Annoymous1590

Instead of "I want you to also know that I have taken this time to deeply reflect, and I have learned from my mistakes. In the future I can ensure you that all journeys will be covered by a valid ticket and that this will never happen again."

Why don't you just say:
"I have learned from this mistake and in future I will make sure that I always have a valid ticket for my journey"

Bear in mind that they are only charging you for one incident. You haven't said if you have done this previously (and you don't need to say here) and so keep everything in the singular. "Mistakes" sounds like you have done it before and might make them dig deeper. They might do this anyway, especially if you bought tickets online.

Chatgpt is awful for these things. It is overly wordy and overblown. Where you have written it yourself, such as the phrase " I am early on in my career and would not like to mess up any prospects by one stupid decision." Then it actually reads ok.

Post your own version here and we will give you more feedback.
Hello - I have a simillar issue as the OP but am unsure whether to create a thread about multiple offences when my letter in question only refers to one incident. Is there any danger of the train companies looking at this thread and picking up on things accordingly?
Simply - would you recommend admitting to previous offences too in your letter if it only refers to one indecent as they will probably look at your account anyway?

Puffing Devil

Established Member
Hello - I have a simillar issue as the OP but am unsure whether to create a thread about multiple offences when my letter in question only refers to one incident. Is there any danger of the train companies looking at this thread and picking up on things accordingly?
Simply - would you recommend admitting to previous offences too in your letter if it only refers to one indecent as they will probably look at your account anyway?

Start your own thread. Keep the details as open as possible. You'll then get the best advice.

wan1

This is what it says. I take it that means I pay and I don’t go to court

Attachments

• IMG_0477.jpeg
    IMG_0477.jpeg
    266.4 KB · Views: 41

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
This is what it says. I take it that means I pay and I don’t go to court
Yes, once you've paid the £174-70, the matter will then be considered as closed and you won't be going to court.

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Okay, once paid do I need to do anything else?
Yes, don't go short-faring or travelling with no ticket, or the wrong ticket, ever again! Slightly expensive lesson, but otherwise this is a fairly decent result for you! :)

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Once you have paid the settlement that is the end of the matter and you do not need to do anything else. As recommended by other forum members it is wise to keep copies of all paperwork and the payment confirmation just in case Southeastern claim you haven't paid.