• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Arriva Rail London - Trainee Driver - New Cross Gate / Willesden (19/06/23)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nithen

If anyone on here applied for the 2021 recruitment drive before it got abruptly stopped and is now looking at this opportunity as being the continuation of the 2021 opportunity...Looks like they aren't continuing any applications. The TA team won't be in touch with you about moving forward with your application either.

Despite several promises that my application would be picked up once the role is advertised again this was apparently false... There is also a new head of TA at ARL and she said knows nothing about me and thus can't help me.

Frustrating

Razer Train

From what i know, there is 6 vacancies at Willesden (I'm a driver based there)

For NXG, i don't know the numbers

Rellybelli

Guessing we won't hear back for a few weeks? Or can they be in contact sooner than they said on the email?

Samzino

Established Member
Oh already? Head up regardless and keep applying
I heard back today - a no for me. Good luck to those awaiting an update.

Looks like indeed they're getting back to people now. Those still waiting may possibly be onto the next stage if nothing is heard from today to end of the week.

Last edited:

Kelki

If anyone on here applied for the 2021 recruitment drive before it got abruptly stopped and is now looking at this opportunity as being the continuation of the 2021 opportunity...Looks like they aren't continuing any applications. The TA team won't be in touch with you about moving forward with your application either.

Despite several promises that my application would be picked up once the role is advertised again this was apparently false... There is also a new head of TA at ARL and she said knows nothing about me and thus can't help me.

Frustrating
This was the same for me.

Last edited:

sleepinghobby

Sorry to hear. Did they say why?
Unfortunately, we regret to advise you that your application has not been successful at this time. The vacancy attracted a high volume of applicants and on this occasion we feel other people are a closer match to the requirements of this particular role.

Distance maybe or a weak application compared to other applicants?

Chippychips

Unfortunately, we regret to advise you that your application has not been successful at this time. The vacancy attracted a high volume of applicants and on this occasion we feel other people are a closer match to the requirements of this particular role.

I got this same email. I think I was overqualified as im already a trainee for a different TOC and passed all tests available to do. Oh well, theres always the qualified route.

Samzino

Established Member
Got the same aswell tho I'm pending with GA. Might be location for me tho I'm only 45 out from New Cross gate

Applepie356

The issue is, is with the new recruitment advisor called Alexandra. She is refusing to go through any of the old applications from people. The head of recruitment in the whole Arriva group has also asked her to contact anyone who was in the old recruitment progress.

I'm trying to find out who her upper manager is....

Andy was a great help but is now focusing only on XC.
You should have just applied for this campaign.

Driver121

Andy was only supposed to be temp cover for last recruitment drive in 21' - surprised its taken them this long to recruit someone else

Rellybelli

Emails like that are so sucky, sorry that you didn't get better feedback than that.

I'm hoping that it's not distance based because I'm about an hour away from the closest of the two. :( I've still not heard anything yet though, so here's hoping.

baz962

Established Member
Emails like that are so sucky, sorry that you didn't get better feedback than that.

I'm hoping that it's not distance based because I'm about an hour away from the closest of the two. :( I've still not heard anything yet though, so here's hoping.
It didn't used to be distance based. I'm an ex overground driver and I lived a good hour away and some of my colleagues even further out.

Ses16

Hey guys, just got my invite from arriva for an OPC online test. Since I have already done all psychometric tests with the OPC directly, do I respond to the recruitment admin that I have done all tests directly with the OPC and to check with them for my results?

Applepie356

Hey guys, just got my invite from arriva for an OPC online test. Since I have already done all psychometric tests with the OPC directly, do I respond to the recruitment admin that I have done all tests directly with the OPC and to check with them for my results?
That’s the online VSE (I think). They make all applicants take it to thin the herd.

Ses16

That’s the online VSE (I think). They make all applicants take it to thin the herd.
I'm assuming it's that one too but I have done it with the OPC already this year. I'll respond to the email to let them know, hopefully the OPC will tell them and save me from having to do it again.

Last edited:

King8989

I'm assuming it's that one too but I have done it with the OPC already this year. I'll respond to the email to let them know, hopefully the OPC will tell them and save me from having to do it again.
I got the same email and have already done this VSE just under 2 years ago with arriva . I sent my information in email giving name . Will the VSE need to be done again even though I passed already . Do I need to let them know I’ve passed previously

Samzino

Established Member
I think VSE results only last for 6 months at the most. Ultimately in most cases you have to do it again as its part of early sifting and not part of the actual Assessment center tests that are stored on the OPC Database.

Sly Cooper

I'm assuming it's that one too but I have done it with the OPC already this year. I'll respond to the email to let them know, hopefully the OPC will tell them and save me from having to do it again

Hope your doing well Ses16 and congrats on the news. I just wanted to ask you. Are the OPC tests fairly hard? The reason why I am asking I have been invited to the OPC online test just got the news today.

Last edited: