• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Chiltern Railways - Apprentice Train Driver - Birmingham Moor St (01/03/24)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SuperS16v

Myself and quite a few other people applied for this role in January last year. Ended up sitting about 3 different assessments and questionnaires to never hear anything back.

I’m surprised they haven’t sent any emails out to these candidates about this recruitment drive.

silexa

Not even bothering applying for Chiltern roles anymore, they never get back to you. I've got ones showing as assessment on my portal yet never been contacted. Isn't worth the hassle

Brum_AVFC

Not even bothering applying for Chiltern roles anymore, they never get back to you. I've got ones showing as assessment on my portal yet never been contacted. Isn't worth the hassle
From applying for them before, their emails were quite vague. I got ghosted by them too.

This time however they’ve been very specific as to when we’ll hear for the next stages, and so far they’ve stuck to it.

thatguyc

21st of March, yet to receive anything after the MS form. To be fair they did say things would start moving after the 18th.

itsapablo

Had a rejection based on distance from Moor Street. Which is bizarre as another driver based there lives in the same close as me o_O

Good luck all!

Kyle807

Had a rejection based on distance from Moor Street. Which is bizarre as another driver based there lives in the same close as me o_O

Good luck all!
I’ve had the same email today my commute is 25 minutes and 13 miles so I think something’s gone wrong

itsapablo

Well that's strange, My commute is around 45 mins so on the borderline unless Chiltern use an hour.

As I said I was very surprised as I know a driver lives opposite me.

Hopefully its a mistake and gets sorted.

TraineeD

I had the same rejection, based on commute but live within the 60 mins.

I did email back but got a standard reply saying the same thing.

On the original application I think the question was wrong because it asked if you lived within a 45/60 minutes commute of Marylebone. I wonder if this has anything to do with it?

itsapablo

What stage is everyone at? I've submitted the questions / situational judgement - just waiting to hear back potentially for the VSE i believe

Quartz

Afternoon, new here, I applied for this role, completed the SJT a couple of weeks ago and this afternoon received confirmation of passing the second stage questionnaire.

I will be invited in due course to attend OPC Watford for opc stage 1 testing. Dates and times are to be confirmed.

Hopefully some of you will be joining me.

Brum_AVFC

Afternoon, new here, I applied for this role, completed the SJT a couple of weeks ago and this afternoon received confirmation of passing the second stage questionnaire.

I will be invited in due course to attend OPC Watford for opc stage 1 testing. Dates and times are to be confirmed.

have you recently complete a VSE? I thought that was the next stage after completing SJT?

Have you recently passed a VSE? I thought that was the next stage if you were successful in the SJT? Congrats either way!

itsapablo

Congrats - I had the same e-mail.

I was a bit surprised as it stated the VSE was next!