• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

CrossCountry - Apprentice Train Driver - Multiple (19/09/23)

TacoTraveller

Anyone had a call from XC yesterday? I’ve been successful.
Not yet, I was hoping I'd hear today but heard nothing yet.

I did mine on Monday so I'm hoping I hear today to know the result before the weekend constantly thinking about if I've passed or failed

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

danny759

Anyone had a call from XC yesterday? I’ve been successful.
Think I was on the same assesment as you on weds- I have not heard anything, not sure whether thats a good thing or bad thing! Just want to know either way.

TacoTraveller

Think I was on the same assesment as you on weds- I have not heard anything, not sure whether thats a good thing or bad thing! Just want to know either way.
Mine was Monday, but it might depend which depot you've applied for, might take longer for different ones. I just hope I've passed

SuperS16v

Thanks, hopefully it's just a Birmingham thing I've not heard anyone recieving a call from them yet.

What's your progress like?

I’ve already passed all tests and passed DMI with XC. So I believe I’m effectively in the talent pool, just waiting for medical and course date.

Reetzaboi

I haven’t yet mate either and I was with you too

Thanks, hopefully it's just a Birmingham thing I've not heard anyone recieving a call from them yet.

What's your progress like?
Ye Birmingham here I haven’t heard anything yet

Reetzaboi

My test was last week and I’ve been successful for birmingham depot just waiting for medical date!
Same just got a call saying I’ve been successful and they will be in touch with the next steps, I guess that’s medical and wait for a course start date then?

TacoTraveller

My test was last week and I’ve been successful for birmingham depot just waiting for medical date!
Same just got a call saying I’ve been successful and they will be in touch with the next steps, I guess that’s medical and wait for a course start date then?
So did you both receive a call today? I've not had anything yet but the phone signals extremely sketchy where I work

holmes3755

Well done to those who’ve passed.
Still waiting for OPC date.
Only been a month ‍♂️
Must not be in a rush for derby applicants

jma18

Hi all, congratulations to everyone who’s passed. I got my phone call yesterday with the good news. Hope everyone who’s waiting hears soon.

I haven’t had a date or anything yet but does anyone know what the accommodation situation is like? Is it dorms or a hotel or are you given an allowance? Just trying to plan ahead. Any help would be great.

J3053B

Hi all, congratulations to everyone who’s passed. I got my phone call yesterday with the good news. Hope everyone who’s waiting hears soon.

I haven’t had a date or anything yet but does anyone know what the accommodation situation is like? Is it dorms or a hotel or are you given an allowance? Just trying to plan ahead. Any help would be great.
On interview I was told that it’s a hotel, with some form of meal allowance. Taxis are provided to the training centre daily.

Jep_RF

You'll be put up in a hotel, with breakfast provided in the morning and £30 allowance for an evening meal/drink. Taxis provided to and from the accommodation to the training centre each day.

Lunch is also provided at the training centre.

You'll be put up in a hotel, with breakfast provided in the morning and £30 allowance for an evening meal/drink. Taxis provided to and from the accommodation to the training centre each day.

Lunch is also provided at the training centre.

Thats a pretty sweet deal to be fair.

JH-OB

For anyone waiting for OPC assessments: I’ve just had an email asking for some details so they can be sent to OPC, so I can be given dates.

I’m in for Bristol

TacoTraveller

Just updating you all, I got the call today stating I'd passed my assessments which is a huge relief as this was theoretically my last life of passing.

Now the arduous waiting in a talent pool to potentially be given a start date.

Congratulations to everyone else who passed and good luck to everyone who still has assessments to go.