• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Diesels in the Dark - five after-dinner trains in Truckee, California

Status
Not open for further replies.

ac6000cw

Established Member
Those of you following my 'Wanderings around California' thread will know I posted some photos taken after dinner one evening in Truckee, California.

As someone asked about the sounds from that evening, I thought I'd put together the video highlights of it (you also get the noise for free that way :))

Because it was a spur of the moment thing - I'd taken the camera with me 'just in case' - I had to shoot all the video hand-held, so apologies for the wobbles - especially when train horns attempt to blast your ears off just behind you... (even when you're expecting it, it's still very hard not to jump ;)). That said, I think the noise of the horns echoing off the mountains are one of the highlights - listen to it in stereo for the best effect.

So here's the video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhGTO6yzgw0 - I hope you enjoy it (I find it quite atmospheric).

[youtube]?v=FhGTO6yzgw0[/youtube]

...and a few stills from it:

Status
Not open for further replies.