• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

East Yorkshire Motor Services, now part of Go-Ahead

Russel

Established Member
I've not heard anything about work having started but if they want it open by the summer they will have to start soon

To be fair, I'd imagine it'll just be a modern metal shed type of constuction, they can be thrown up in a matter of weeks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Eyersey468

Established Member
To be fair, I'd imagine it'll just be a modern metal shed type of constuction, they can be thrown up in a matter of weeks.
Fair point.
372 is now out of paint shop with 792 in. 790 is believed to be in body shop

YorkRailFan

On Moderation
80 Raskelf – Linton on Ouse – York
This new service will replace Reliance Service 29 with a revised timetable.

The first journey Monday to Friday from Raskelf will start at 0700 operating through to York College, on non-college days this will still start at Raskelf and 0700 but terminate at York Station Road.

The 1630 journey from York College to Raskelf will operate all year round but on non-college days will start at 1700 from York Railway Station. This will provide commute options for Helperby, Tholthorpe, Flawith, and Aldwark all year round.
Good news on the all year round service to Raskelf, even if it will be only daily plus the other College service.
31X York – Easingwold – Kirkbymoorside – Helmsley:
We will be operating the following journeys on this route.

1005 from York Station Avenue to Kirkbymoorside (Monday – Saturday).
1230 Kirkbymoorside – York (Monday – Saturday).
1555 from York Station Avenue to Kirkbymoorside (Saturday and School Holidays).
1730 Kirkbymoorside – York (Saturday and School Holidays).
These journeys will operate into York via Bootham instead of Leeman Road.
Sounds like a similar service to what Reliance is operating.

Ken H

On Moderation

Good news on the all year round service to Raskelf, even if it will be only daily plus the other College service.

Sounds like a similar service to what Reliance is operating.
There will be lots of dead running from Pocklington.

Last edited by a moderator:

JD2168

Some other interesting items in the changes are East Yorkshire running the Bridlington Park & Ride service which has been Stagecoach Hull for the last few years (can’t see the Stagecoach 99 remaining) & Bridlington Town services running on a Sunday in 513/514. Bridlington Town services have been Monday to Saturday only for a while now. The remaining apart from the ones around York appear to be the Summer season frequency upgrades.

Andyh82

Established Member
Also interesting is that the Scarborough Beachcomber open top bus will extend to/from the railway station, which I’m not sure has ever happened before

It’s been The Spa to North Bay for literally decades

Russel

Established Member
Some other interesting items in the changes are East Yorkshire running the Bridlington Park & Ride service which has been Stagecoach Hull for the last few years (can’t see the Stagecoach 99 remaining) & Bridlington Town services running on a Sunday in 513/514. Bridlington Town services have been Monday to Saturday only for a while now. The remaining apart from the ones around York appear to be the Summer season frequency upgrades.

Always did seem odd, Stagecoach running the Bridlington park and ride services, at the times the 99 ran, did they ever get many passengers?

Also interesting is that the Scarborough Beachcomber open top bus will extend to/from the railway station, which I’m not sure has ever happened before

I can see the reasoning behind it, if tourists arriving by train are greeted at the station by the EYMS Open top buses, they may choose that rather than walking down to the seafront and using the competition...

It's also a bit of a walk to the sea front so they may get people using it as a shuttle between the station and beach.

Trainman40083

Well it was certainly in the 1960s.

Open top 80

Always did seem odd, Stagecoach running the Bridlington park and ride services, at the times the 99 ran, did they ever get many passengers?

I can see the reasoning behind it, if tourists arriving by train are greeted at the station by the EYMS Open top buses, they may choose that rather than walking down to the seafront and using the competition...

It's also a bit of a walk to the sea front so they may get people using it as a shuttle between the station and beach.
I bet SS Suncruser (blue and yellow open tops ) are not very happy with this

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th

Well it was certainly in the 1960s.
The old 109 certainly ran solely from Corner Cafe (North Bay) to the Spa (South Bay) in the 1960s. I can never recall it running from the rail station in my 40+ years of recollections.

NOTE: I don't know if United had any open top charabanc type single decks in the post war period, but conventional open top deckers only really appeared c.1979 with some Southdown PD3s on loan, and a few other oddities. Fairly certain that it was 1981 when the first dedicated fleet appeared with some converted Bristol VRs

Trainman40083

The old 109 certainly ran solely from Corner Cafe (North Bay) to the Spa (South Bay) in the 1960s. I can never recall it running from the rail station in my 40+ years of recollections.

NOTE: I don't know if United had any open top charabanc type single decks in the post war period, but conventional open top deckers only really appeared c.1979 with some Southdown PD3s on loan, and a few other oddities. Fairly certain that it was 1981 when the first dedicated fleet appeared with some converted Bristol VRs
Sorry. I was eating when I commented. No, I meant I only recall it North Bay to South Bay. Was there an extension to Scalby Mills, or was that another bus.

Fox192

What happened to the 3 deckers that were rumoured to be coming from Go North West at the end of February?

BoroAndy

Sorry. I was eating when I commented. No, I meant I only recall it North Bay to South Bay. Was there an extension to Scalby Mills, or was that another bus.
Isn't it the sun cruisers that go to Scalby Mills, and a couple of years ago didn't some open tops go through the town centre

Hullian111

Far as I remember from the bottom half of Holderness Road, not really! Must’ve really fell off a cliff after COVID - grew to hate the service in 2022 after Stagecoach kept putting the Pronto ‘deckers on loan to cover for the Commonwealth Games on the 99, so rather suspiciously, none of them could be regularly seen on local Hull bus services. By that account, good to see the P&R back in the right hands.

Fox192

Why is it Hull seem to be getting all the 15 year old buses from everywhere rather than something more new for once?

I also thought hull was supposed to be getting the dd electric bus for trial

Eyersey468

Established Member
Why is it Hull seem to be getting all the 15 year old buses from everywhere rather than something more new for once?

It was but its all gone quiet on that front. I agree about the age of the transferred vehicles,presumably nothing newer was available but they need to start investing in the fleet again soon as the age of the fleet is creeping up,all that's currently on order is 9 Levante 3As for NX

Mollman

Established Member

The ZEBRA2 announcement is due soon so if successful will bring electric buses to Hull, if not then they will hopefully invest in new buses.

stevieinselby

Is anyone buying new diesel buses now? York seems to have many new EVs
York has had hefty Zebra funding, which has allowed First York to replace its entire fleet with electric buses, apart from a handful of diesels that are used for the 10.
(The 10 goes under a low bridge, which not only precludes double-deckers but even the Kite single-deckers that make up much of the 'City' fleet. The handful of Versa EVs they have from 2014 can fit under the bridge, but aren't up to the more demanding diagrams on the 10, which is a longer route with faster running than any other FY route). Other independents in the city have been buying new diesel buses recently because they can't justify the cost of upgrading a small depot. I suspect that will remain the case for a while, plus any larger groups who are unable to get a Zebra grant may still baulk at the cost of new electric buses, especially if they need to upgrade the infrastructure as well.

Seehof

Presumably, Pocklington will be operating the newly acquired York routes from April 8th. Does anybody know what buses will be allocated? Will they have special branding? Thanks

Eyersey468

Established Member
Presumably, Pocklington will be operating the newly acquired York routes from April 8th. Does anybody know what buses will be allocated? Will they have special branding? Thanks
There is talk of some of the work going to Scarborough. I'm unsure at the moment as to what vehicles will be allocated

stevieinselby

It would not surprise me if the 31X was run off Scarbs off a 128

Most work is out of Pock though
The 128 is a self-contained service using 2 buses – there's about a 15–20 minute turnaround at Helmsley and at Scarborough, so it's an efficient set of diagrams.
The 31X runs from York to Kirkbymoorside and back with an hour's wait ... then on SSH it has a 1½ hour wait then does a run out and back.
I assume it must be connected to school contracts in or near York (esp because the late journey is SSH).

Operationally, if East Yorkshire needed to run any of the services from Scarborough rather than Pocklington then it would be the 81 and 194, which generally start and end their day in either Hovingham or Sheriff Hutton – although Pocklington is slightly closer, those are the only ones where it's even close. For the 31X, 80 and 82/83/182, it would be even more daft to run them from Scarborough rather than Pocklington than it was for Transdev to run the Castleline and 194 from Fulford rather than Malton ;)

The 128 is a self-contained service using 2 buses – there's about a 15–20 minute turnaround at Helmsley and at Scarborough, so it's an efficient set of diagrams.
The 31X runs from York to Kirkbymoorside and back with an hour's wait ... then on SSH it has a 1½ hour wait then does a run out and back.
I assume it must be connected to school contracts in or near York (esp because the late journey is SSH).

Operationally, if East Yorkshire needed to run any of the services from Scarborough rather than Pocklington then it would be the 81 and 194, which generally start and end their day in either Hovingham or Sheriff Hutton – although Pocklington is slightly closer, those are the only ones where it's even close. For the 31X, 80 and 82/83/182, it would be even more daft to run them from Scarborough rather than Pocklington than it was for Transdev to run the Castleline and 194 from Fulford rather than Malton ;)
I have to admit Scarbados running any was a shock to me - I think some drivers and buses going on loan from Scarbs to Pock is the most likely outcome, as I know they are worried they don't have enough drivers at Pock

Reliance are still running the school journeys on the 31X