• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

EMR Train Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjc

Hi All, I have an upcoming assessment with East Midlands Railway for the role of Train Manager. Has anybody any experience of what the assessment day entails?
I understand there is a SCAAT and TRFS test - any feedback on what these are like?

Any information greatly appreciated so I can prepare for the Assessment Day

Thank you!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Salesy

The assessments are very much aptitude-based. That’s not to say you shouldn’t have a go at the practice examples but you will likely either pass or fail just the same.

The SCAAT is a test of accuracy and speed (concentration). The other is a test of how you can learn, remember and apply rules.

Best of luck for this round of assessments. My top tip going forward in the recruitment is to brush up on the company. Who owns them? Who are the key staff members? What routes do they operate? Etc etc

benjc

The assessments are very much aptitude-based. That’s not to say you shouldn’t have a go at the practice examples but you will likely either pass or fail just the same.

The SCAAT is a test of accuracy and speed (concentration). The other is a test of how you can learn, remember and apply rules.

Best of luck for this round of assessments. My top tip going forward in the recruitment is to brush up on the company. Who owns them? Who are the key staff members? What routes do they operate? Etc etc

That's a great help, Many thanks :) Did you attend a TM assessment day?

Status
Not open for further replies.