• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Flight rescheduled - what are my rights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyhigh

Established Member
I've got a flight booked with Ryanair from Stockholm (Vasteras) to Stanstead on a Friday in early April. The original schedule was a departure time of 20.25, and arrival of 21.45.

This has now been amended to a departure time of 11.20 which isn't ideal for my plans.

I got an email this evening which offers a choice of accepting the change, a full refund, or a free amendment to a different flight. For the amendment, the email says:
You can choose to change your flight to the next available flight on the same route or to a flight departing one day before or one day after your new departure time. There are no flight change fees and you do not have to pay any fare difference.

The next flight from Vasteras to Stanstead is the following Monday. However, there is a flight from Stockholm (Arlanda) later on the Friday which would suit me. My question is - although it's a different airport for the same city, does it still class as the 'same route'? Am I reliant on Ryanair being helpful, or do I have passenger rights that would allow me to get the flight from Arlanda?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Depends. If the flight has the same flight number then its not cancelled, and if its not cancelled then most of the EU261 protection falls away. If it is a different flight number then Ryanair should rebook.

Unless the fare difference is enormous, the simplest thing would be to manually rebook the new flight and request a refund for the old one.

island

Veteran Member
Ruinair will generally swap to a different airport serving the same city in these circumstances, but you have to ring/live chat as the website won't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.