• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Greater Anglia - Trainee Mainline/Depot Driver - Various (12/04/24)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Samzino

Put my hat in the running. Wonder if it will be the same blanket silence 2 years in a row :D Hopefully I'm not that Unlucky again.

Did anyone else that's completed the application, receive an SJT online assessment? Last year I believe it was pretty much instant after the application but this year I've not seen it at all. Could be early days however.

Last edited by a moderator:

JWS

I just put my hat in for Cambs and Bishops, but no nothing just an email saying they will respond within 14days of application closing

Teddyward

West is 51106
Ex anglia is 51884…I think
Former great eastern is 52677
These all go up in various stages after qualifying. East is 46k for a year or 200 turns after passing out, whichever comes first. I don’t know about the other two.

loudmouth

Curious as to why the Liverpool Street positions have 2 different starting salaries (25k and 31k)?

Croydon1991

Mentions reasonable distance to chosen depot going by other TOC’s 30min is reasonable so south london to Liverpool Street is out if the question ‍♂️

Samzino

Looks like the Vaccancies are for 10 Mainline and 5 depot drivers between. The depots listed. 15 places in all.

Below showing the source of the above which can be found on the Greater Anglia LinkedIn Account:

Screenshot_20240412_201819_LinkedIn.jpg

Last edited:

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
How long is Croydon to Liverpool St? Probably just scrapes it?

Thameslink to Farringdon & Elizabeth line to Liverpool St.

Although you'd have to consider the drive / night bus for the early starts which may be longer.

TomH1994

Does anyone know what they actually class as reasonable? as I’m about an hour or within 10 minutes of an hour from 4 of their depots. Would that be too far?

Liverpool Street is slightly less via train however

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Does anyone know what they actually class as reasonable? as I’m about an hour or within 10 minutes of an hour from 4 of their depots. Would that be too far?

It is usually 45/60 minutes.

Trackman2

I've applied for Ilford depot. I live in Ilford.
Anybody know the qualified salary difference and overtime availability between mainline and depot driver?

Teddyward

Anybody know the qualified salary difference and overtime availability between mainline and depot driver?
Depot qualified is 30945. Mainline is 46k qualified first year then 52677. RDW availability varies wildly. These days not so much about. Depots are well staffed at present.

Twotwo

Not bad at all for a start
It actually is, in comparison to other tocs esp the 46k for the first year and the lack of rdw. But having said that getting the key is the most important thing and if someone didn't have have any other options then it's something worth considering.

Last edited:

Samzino

It actually is in comparison to other tocs esp the 46k for the first year and the lack of rdw. But having said that getting the key is the most important thing and if someone didn't have have any other options then it's something worth considering.
Indeed, was coming mainly from a Key perspective as you said. For a qualified doubt you'd touch this at all.

Samzino

What routes/operators and salary expectations should we be looking for once qualified?
@Teddyward already answered your Salary question right after your first question quoted below and in post #7:

PK96

Wonder if it's going to be another year of no contact.. just like last year's application!