• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lost notice

T21

Hi, I fairly received a fine on the western midlands railway today and attempted to pay my fine to IRCAS. However, I found that when I was home I had lost the notice given. Is there any way to find out my 6 digit reference code as I need that to pay?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WesternLancer

Established Member
Hi, I fairly received a fine on the western midlands railway today and attempted to pay my fine to IRCAS. However, I found that when I was home I had lost the notice given. Is there any way to find out my 6 digit reference code as I need that to pay?
I'm assuming you mean you were issued with a Penalty Fare.

Not sure on this one, but I would be making efforts to contact West Midlands Railway (via customer services perhaps) to se if they can help you get the ref code - as you have a financial advantage for paying promptly if you were issued with a Penalty Fare (50% discount).

If they can't help can you ring or e-mail IRCAS to ask maybe?

T21

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has ever tried to contact IRCAS and how long it took to hear a response if they did?

WesternLancer

Established Member
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has ever tried to contact IRCAS and how long it took to hear a response if they did?
seem to recall cases where people said it was hard to get through to them....

lyesbkz

There's a Lost Notice option on the contact form on the IRCAS website, so I imagine they would be able to help. It says that they will respond within 5 working days, so it may be worth filling in this form immediately so as to not lose any more time, even if you are trying to contact West Midlands Railway in the meantime.