• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Lothian Group discussion (Lothian City, Lothian Country Bus and East Coast Buses)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lx008

I assume that within the next week or two the first few will arrive at Seafield, so not long to wait for the first pictures unless anyone cathces them getting delivered.
It’s never been clear to me how these are delivered, are they driven up from the Southampton port or are they put on a flatbed for their journey, if so how on earth do you get a double decker on a flatbed under bridges?

Volvodart

Established Member
It’s never been clear to me how these are delivered, are they driven up from the Southampton port or are they put on a flatbed for their journey, if so how on earth do you get a double decker on a flatbed under bridges?
Will they not go to MCV in Cambridgeshire?

Auld reekie

That’s quite an interesting question.
I’m sure someone will have an answer.

Established Member
Double deck buses are moved using lowloader trailers if they aren't driven.
I'm guessing the BZLs are around 14'6 and the minimum height of an unsigned bridge is 16'6, so using a lowloader with a deck of 2' or lower there's no issues transporting them with an HGV.

Auld reekie

Double deck buses are moved using lowloader trailers if they aren't driven.
I'm guessing the BZLs are around 14'6 and the minimum height of an unsigned bridge is 16'6, so using a lowloader with a deck of 2' or lower there's no issues transporting them with an HGV.
Thanks for that.