• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Model Railway exhibitions (that you might also be attending).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D1511

@Cowley It was really great to meet you and the rest of the Moors View team at the weekend! The layout looks even more inspirational up close and was deservedly drawing crowds every time i passed by.....i had to elbow my way to the front! I'm already looking forward to seeing you at the next one :D

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
We’re at the Western Super Mare show with Moors View today if anyone is attending?

D1511

Got my tickets for Model Rail Scotland at the SEC next weekend. I'm heading along on the Saturday with the other half, and I'm looking forward to seeing Eastfield up close, which looks a bit like a @Cowley fantasy layout to me, with all those ploughed up Scottish region locos in O gauge! ;)
Not a layout I could aspire to, of course, because in the pics I've seen there's about 25 grand's worth of locos on show, but I've been round that shed loads of times, so it will be nice to see it again as it was back then!

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Got my tickets for Model Rail Scotland at the SEC next weekend. I'm heading along on the Saturday with the other half, and I'm looking forward to seeing Eastfield up close, which looks a bit like a @Cowley fantasy layout to me, with all those ploughed up Scottish region locos in O gauge! ;)
Not a layout I could aspire to, of course, because in the pics I've seen there's about 25 grand's worth of locos on show, but I've been round that shed loads of times, so it will be nice to see it again as it was back then!

That collection of Scottish 0 gauge locos made me want to sell one of the children.
Although I still don’t think I’d have enough. :lol:

D1511

That collection of Scottish 0 gauge locos made me want to sell one of the children.
Although I still don’t think I’d have enough. :lol:
I suspected you might be drooling at that lot!
I'll see if I can smuggle one into my rucksack for you :lol:

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I suspected you might be drooling at that lot!
I'll see if I can smuggle one into my rucksack for you :lol:

That’d be good. I’ll settle for some photos if not. ;)

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Some spectacular looking layouts but I was disappointed by the lack of running trains, which was something I didn’t understand.

That does seem be a subject that comes up quite frequently at shows. Our take on it is that we’re there to entertain people so we try and keep things constantly moving and also chat to the public, answer questions etc.

Anyway. Our next two shows are:

Abingdon - 1st and 2nd of March (which I won’t be able to attend unfortunately).

Nailsea - 23rd and 24th of March (which I will be at).

As always, come and say hello if you’re at either of the shows. :)

alistairlees

Established Member
Some spectacular looking layouts but I was disappointed by the lack of running trains, which was something I didn’t understand.
Especially on Eastfield which took up more space than anything else. I never saw anything move on it.

Red Onion

That does seem be a subject that comes up quite frequently at shows. Our take on it is that we’re there to entertain people so we try and keep things constantly moving and also chat to the public, answer questions etc.

Anyway. Our next two shows are:

Abingdon - 1st and 2nd of March (which I won’t be able to attend unfortunately).

Nailsea - 23rd and 24th of March (which I will be at).

As always, come and say hello if you’re at either of the shows. :)

Absolutely, I should have said hello when there! I was just in a world of my own :lol:

Especially on Eastfield which took up more space than anything else. I never saw anything move on it.

Agreed, it was very impressive looking but in the ten minutes I was there I saw one train move. A bit disappointing for a layout that had so much potential.

D1511

I think they were having some WiFi problems and there were corresponding issues with controlling the locos while I was there in the morning.....the Durham trains lot looked pretty stressed. But as others have said, it was little more than an impressive static diorama when I was there. I saw a 20 move on some ECS and a DMU trundle past at one point, but nothing was moving about in the depot.
I only stayed until just after lunchtime once I'd completed my circuit, so hopefully they got it going again later in the day in time for today.

Red Onion

I think Eastfield is just being used as an example, mostly due to its gargantuan size and amount of rolling stock that just sat there, it should have been one of the highlights of the show but it was one of the largest disappointments. You are right though, many others were like that. I was round it all in around two hours, generally I’ve never been less than four.

Falcon1200

Established Member

Eastfield certainly had some operational difficulties on Friday morning (although even with nothing moving the layout is breathtaking - How on earth is it disassembled for transport?!!) but there were trains running for my second visit on Saturday.

alistairlees

Established Member
Eastfield certainly had some operational difficulties on Friday morning (although even with nothing moving the layout is breathtaking - How on earth is it disassembled for transport?!!) but there were trains running for my second visit on Saturday.
I didn't see anything running at all on Saturday.

Mag_seven

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Yea there did seem to be a lack of running trains though. Everywhere not just at Eastfield.

Yes that was my observation (I was there on Saturday from about 11.00 until 14.00). There appeared to be more trade stands than layouts.