• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Pride liveried units

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANDREW_D_WEBB

BBC London has just shown a picture of a 378 wrapped for this weekend’s Pride. It also mentioned that an Elizabeth line unit has received a similar wrap. Any ideas on the unit numbers please?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Samzino

Established Member
Wonder what Class 345 unit was held hostage for the similar above.

D365

Veteran Member
It’s not UK, but I’ve spotted a heritage Milan tram decked out in a rainbow livery.

SLTRegular

Sydney had 2 B Set Waratahs in Mardi Gras Livery and 2 Rakes of Tangaras (4 Units) Fully wrapped in World Pride Livery. all now debranded.

Nym

Established Member
So basically…
Who can rainbow wash hardest…?
Seems TfL have gone the whole hog and used the Philadelphia flag topped with trans and a couple of other out of place colours…

On Moderation
So basically…
Who can rainbow wash hardest…?
Seems TfL have gone the whole hog and used the Philadelphia flag topped with trans and a couple of other out of place colours…
And some dubious contrast with the doors.

ctrh136

There are a couple of "trainbows" in SE England though these aren't complete wraps:
Thameslink 700155
Southeastern (I think 395012)

DGH 1

BBC London has just shown a picture of a 378 wrapped for this weekend’s Pride. It also mentioned that an Elizabeth line unit has received a similar wrap. Any ideas on the unit numbers please?
Personally, I don't know what these railway companies are playing at covering their trains in such a livery, they should stick to trying to run trains, not virtue signalling.

Class15

On Moderation
Personally, I don't know what these railway companies are playing at covering their trains in such a livery, they should stick to trying to run trains, not virtue signalling.
Exactly. TfL are allegedly in financial difficulties so shouldn’t be spending what little money they have on this.

pokemonsuper9

Established Member
I presume the following are pride related?

Class 390 progress
Class 390 - 390119 Pride Pendolino's front carriage

Since 390119 literally says "PRIDE" on the side, absolutely.

bramling

Veteran Member
The trains have been wrapped at no cost to TfL.

Next.

One wonders if the sponsor will pay to put right the cost of all the water ingress damage left behind when the vinyls are eventually removed? These sorts of wrap have a habit of trapping water which then degrades the bodyshell.

Last edited:

EdChap

Seen elsewhere, there is also a bus in Pride livery to go with the train!

PGAT

Established Member
I don’t know why they’re putting the pride livery on at the END of pride month, seems a bit ironic

Doctor Fegg

Established Member
Think you'll find that signalling is quite a big part of trying to run trains.

Master29

Established Member
What does it matter? Needless remarks based on various narratives.

bluegoblin7

Established Member
I don’t know why they’re putting the pride livery on at the END of pride month, seems a bit ironic

irony, noun, the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

How is it ironic?

Pride in London/London Pride is on 1 July, so the timing is exactly as it should be. London Trans Pride is also the weekend after, 8 July.

As threads like this show time and again, Pride is needed all year round.

Nym

Established Member
The trains have been wrapped at no cost to TfL.

Next.
Read as:
The cost to do this is built into any contract let to TfL and will be added onto any contract renewal or AAW.

"TfL has not signed a purchase order specifically for these works"

I can guarantee with the internal TfL structure that they've dropped at least £50k of staff wages just deciding what order the colours should go in.

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Read as:
The cost to do this is built into any contract let to TfL and will be added onto any contract renewal or AAW.

"TfL has not signed a purchase order specifically for these works"

I can guarantee with the internal TfL structure that they've dropped at least £50k of staff wages just deciding what order the colours should go in.

Baseless hyperbole.

When colleagues and passengers don’t get abused etc then perhaps it might not be needed.

Did those against Pride liveries complain about the white ribbon for violence against women or the wraps for remembrance.

XAM2175

Established Member
One wonders if the sponsor will pay to put right the cost of all the water ingress damage left behind when the vinyls are eventually removed? These sorts of wrap have a habit of trapping water which then degrades the bodyshell.
Really having to dig hard there to find something you can openly be bitter about, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.