• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RATP disposes of Selwyns

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
Somerset with international travel (e.g. across th
Don't think this has been reported on here, but I'm led to believe that as of 31st March, RATP sold Selwyns back to its management. Plenty of changes to the directors etc on Companies House with Selwyn Jones returning to be one of three directors with Derek Lott (MD) and 3 other RATP resignations from that date.

Nothing on the RATP website nor on the Selwyns page though I believe that this is kosher.

Following the sale of Yellow Buses last year, that leaves RATP with just the London operations plus the Bath business (with an associated Cardiff open top outbase?).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

winston270twm

Established Member
Don't think this has been reported on here, but I'm led to believe that as of 31st March, RATP sold Selwyns back to its management. Plenty of changes to the directors etc on Companies House with Selwyn Jones returning to be one of three directors with Derek Lott (MD) and 3 other RATP resignations from that date.

Nothing on the RATP website nor on the Selwyns page though I believe that this is kosher.

Following the sale of Yellow Buses last year, that leaves RATP with just the London operations plus the Bath business (with an associated Cardiff open top outbase?).

SELWYNS TRAVEL LIMITED

SELWYNS COACHES LTD

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
SELWYNS TRAVEL LIMITED

SELWYNS COACHES LTD

Thanks for that Winston - I really should've taken the filter off when searching :D

Alexbus12

This is interesting, weren't RATP for franchising in Manchester as an opportunity to expand the business? So that's two pro-franchising bus operators which have quit the Manchester market.

Surreyman

I note that Selwyns have recently sold/transferred their TfGM School contracts to Belle Vue.
I did speculate that National Express might have been interested in acquiring Selwyns as per Lucketts, obviously not!
Selwyns must be one the the largest providers of Coaches to N/Exp.
Do RATP still operate Manchester Trams?

TheGrandWazoo

Veteran Member
I note that Selwyns have recently sold/transferred their TfGM School contracts to Belle Vue.
I did speculate that National Express might have been interested in acquiring Selwyns as per Lucketts, obviously not!
Selwyns must be one the the largest providers of Coaches to N/Exp.
Do RATP still operate Manchester Trams?

No - it's a Keolis/Amey consortium running Metrolink.

Interesting to see what the future is for their remaining UK operations.

M60lad

Not just their School Contracts, Selwyns as of this week lost their remaining TfGM tender which was 129 round Middleton, Stotts(Oldham) are back operating it again now.

Status
Not open for further replies.