• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Station chimes - Ireland.

Lookinfortrain

Hey all, how are you doing? It’s a question about station chimes,

You know the 4-tone KeTech chime? Well, it is also used in my country (Ireland), and I just don't know why.

Any help identifying the reason would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

nw1

Established Member

You know the 4-tone KeTech chime? Well, it is also used in my country (Ireland), and I just don't know why.

What chime is this? Is it the French one? Or something else?

I guess it just sounds good?

nw1

Established Member
Fair enough, I'm sure the UK used to use a three-tone one though.

As I said, I'm guessing that Ireland's railways like the chime so have used it themselves.

stadler

It is simply because Irish Rail use KeTech and that is the default KeTech jingle. So they are just using the standard default jingle that comes with the system. That is the only reason why.

Ah ok, thanks. I thought ours (UK) was a three-tone one but I could be wrong, it's been a while since I've heard it.
KeTech have both a three chime and a four chime. The three chime was used for female announcements and the four chime was used for male announcements. These chimes were also used on the Amey system too which was another Ditra derived system.

Attachments

• 3Chime.mp3
    24 KB
  • 4Chime.mp3
    22.1 KB