• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Steam railtours coming through your local station

davsarg

Hi,

A steam tour came through my local station yesterday but I only accidentally stumbled across the info about it the day before. So I was wondering, is there a website please that gives advance details of railtours due to come through any given station?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jan Mayen

I used that website yesterday when I saw the Hastings DEMU at London Victoria. Unless I'm looking it the wrong place, it didn't list the Neasden Nonsense tour. Does it list all tours?

Sun Chariot

Established Member
2 miles and 50 years away from the Longmoor Milita
Hi,

A steam tour came through my local station yesterday but I only accidentally stumbled across the info about it the day before. So I was wondering, is there a website please that gives advance details of railtours due to come through any given station?

Thanks
I use Railtour Info (link above, in post #2) to see which tours pass my area. Then I use Realtime Trains, to find its booked path and watch its realtime progress (e.g. when I'm wanting to photograph it).

The realtime info was invaluable when yesterday's Horsham to Bath/Bristol steam excursion was severely delayed before it had even started. Photo on this thread, post #117

Trackman

Established Member
Join a local facebook group, there's always a (railway) crank on them advising of steam specials passing through.
Best bet as suggested above, is to keep an eye on upcoming railtours.

Deepgreen

Established Member
Railway Herald's (RH) tours page will give you a broad picture of what might be happening, so you can then home in on the details through RTT, usually only about a week before (or sometimes much less).