• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

The Easyjet "Piggy in the Middle" Lottery

Butts

Veteran Member
My luck is holding 26C on the way down from EDI-BHX tomorrow and 26A on the way back up Monday.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

zero

I was on a lightly loaded flight and was given the window seat F, there was someone in the middle seat E and the aisle seat D was empty.

The pilot announced "for reasons of balance you must stay in your allocated seat".

I looked at other rows and many of them had passengers in A+C/D+F or B+C/D+E configuration. My understanding is that the general idea is to have people at the front, middle and back i.e. you should stay in your row, but the exact seat in each row doesn't matter that much.

If I had been in the middle with someone in the window and the aisle empty, I would have moved to the aisle after takeoff, and stayed there unless the cabin crew specifically instructed me to sit in the middle again.

However not only did the person next to me not move, he also put his arms on the armrest and his right leg was beyond the edge of his seat encroaching into my space.

What do you think?

Dave W

I was on a lightly loaded flight and was given the window seat F, there was someone in the middle seat E and the aisle seat D was empty.

The pilot announced "for reasons of balance you must stay in your allocated seat".

I looked at other rows and many of them had passengers in A+C/D+F or B+C/D+E configuration. My understanding is that the general idea is to have people at the front, middle and back i.e. you should stay in your row, but the exact seat in each row doesn't matter that much.

If I had been in the middle with someone in the window and the aisle empty, I would have moved to the aisle after takeoff, and stayed there unless the cabin crew specifically instructed me to sit in the middle again.

However not only did the person next to me not move, he also put his arms on the armrest and his right leg was beyond the edge of his seat encroaching into my space.

What do you think?

There would have been an argument.

Me and herself have occasionally booked seats split across a three, sometimes successful. When not, we ask the middle seat encroacher (!) which they'd prefer and take the other two. Never had anyone say no yet, they're happy not to be in the muggins seat.

The alternative was me being crammed into the middle seat of a horrible AA 777 on the way back from the States a couple of years ago. Mrs W asleep on me on one side, a middle eastern woman rather more "on me" than the wife on the other. I'm not a small bloke and came off the plane in bits.