• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tube train automated announcements 2005

Dstock7080

Established Member
By manual do you mean a recorded announcement but manually selected by the driver, or does the driver have to actually make an announcement themselves over the tannoy?
A manual announcement made by the driver without automation, within the prescribed timeframe is scored by the market research personnel, whereas pre-recorded announcements are not.
‘Bronze’, ‘silver’ and ‘gold’ badges are now awarded for achieving the highest number of announcements that meet the criteria.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LUYMun

Some of the Piccadilly line platform announcements can be heard several times throughout this LU training video on Vimeo, "LUL Platform Train Interface": https://vimeo.com/153748218

I know it's not the best quality given it's mostly covered over by the narration but it does show a female voice announcing at Piccadilly Circus station for the Pic trains.

Uzair

I am ecstatic at this thread. I remember using the Haltestellenansage website years ago, and then discovering that the link stopped working all of a sudden. Thank you for sharing the archived link. Secondly, I recall travelling many years ago on the C Stock between West Brompton and Earl's Court, and hearing the DVA "The next station is Earl's Court. Change at Earl's Court for the Piccadilly line and other District line services." However, no one has ever been able to corroborate this until post 23 where Stadler shared recordings of the VERA announcements! I honestly thought these announcements never existed until now, and that all this time I had misheard or made something up in my head. Lastly, those Piccadilly line platform announcements...oh the nostalgia.

Sad Sprinter

Established Member
That always used to creep me out as a child how she would say the station name twice when there was an interchange announcement.

They are creepy aren't they. Maybe it's because of a nameless decades old voice lost to time, or maybe it's because repeating the station name in the same way twice sounds like a highly unnatural way of speaking. No one says "I'm looking for MY TOOTHBRUSH, have you seen MY TOOTHBRUSH" for example.