• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Using a fake Railcard

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Do i have to tell them the exact number of times I've used the fake railcard? -as its quite a lot, would i get away with saying I've used it on multiple occasions over the past 8 months.Also you said i have to pay the settlement in full what if i wont have the money straight away can i pay it back bit by bit (and add that im a broke student)? Could there be another way to settle it if i don't have money?
If you want to maximise your chances of a settlement then my advice is to co-operate with them. Using a fake railcard is a serious matter and many would argue that a case like this should end up in court. You are not in a strong position to negotiate - the ball is in GTR's court.

Train companies generally don't allow payment plans because of the risk of people not paying. You will need to find the money from somewhere.

Does anyone know how i can find my trainline full ticket history as the one on the app is limited?
I'd have thought you could access this through Trainline website.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Brissle Girl

Established Member
You say the history on the app is limited. Is it any greater if logged in via a standard web browser, say on a laptop?

Ultimately, if you can’t access history beyond a certain point, explain that in your response, and let them know the date at which your previous railcard expired, so they know you are not trying to hide things from them.

CyrusWuff

Established Member
One potential option would be to make a Subject Access Request to Trainline. This can be done by emailing [email protected]. The downside is they might not reply within the timescale the OP has been given by GTR.