• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT - Trainee Driver (Talent Pool) - Crewe / Shrewsbury / Leamington Spa (27/12/23)

United84

Anyone who has sat stage 2 assessments and CBI, can advise how long the day lasted? I will be travelling for mine & looking to arrange travel home? Much appreciated
3x computer tests in the morning followed by the SJT and the MMI prep questions. I went straight in for my MMI as they had 3 interviewers for the 6 of us that passed the morning session. I left around 1:30 with the next person going in for their interview straight after. All depends how many pass and how many staff are available.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Termak

Im still eagerly awaiting a date for mine! Ive read elsewhere to make plenty of references to health and safety, research the toc, expand on working alone and the risks involved
Had my DMI this week, and this was sound advice. Thanks pal. Top it up with challenges you may face in the role along with your MMI style questions answers. So some of the questions I just used the same answers I used for my MMI. It was more relaxed than I expected, or maybe was much calmer than the other interviews I’vev had before. Good luck everyone.

It’s been quiet in here, howz everyone doing?

Last edited:

walfo

Had my DMI this week, and this was sound advice. Thanks pal. Top it up with challenges you may face in the role along with your MMI style questions answers. So some of the questions I just used the same answers I used for my MMI. It was more relaxed than I expected, or maybe was much calmer than the other interviews I’vev had before. Good luck everyone.

Glad it went well!

I'm busy prepping for mine later this week.

Which depo did u apply for? I went for my DMI at Crewe last Tuesday. I am constantly checking my phone!

United84

Just received my email for Crewe, unfortunately I fell at the last hurdle and wasn't successful. Good luck to everyone else that had their DMI recently.

Sophiehatts

Just received my email for Crewe, unfortunately I fell at the last hurdle and wasn't successful. Good luck to everyone else that had their DMI recently.
Sorry to hear that :(

I’ve got my DMI next week, currently surrounded by lots of paper and notes!

They must be coming through. I have just been notified, I was successful! Can't believe it, I am over the moon. @United84 sorry to hear that dust yourself off go again. This was my 2nd go at it!

United84

They must be coming through. I have just been notified, I was successful! Can't believe it, I am over the moon. @United84 sorry to hear that dust yourself off go again. This was my 2nd go at it!
Congratulations to you, hope you get on a course soon. I've asked for feedback, so dust myself down and apply again soon! Is this your 2nd attempt with WMT or at the DMI in general?

Termak

Which depo did u apply for? I went for my DMI at Crewe last Tuesday. I am constantly checking my phone!
Sorry to hear that pal. Don’t lose hope. I applied for Crewe and also got an email back today. It has been a long journey for me. Failed DMI in 2017, failed another DMI in 2018. Had to do all all assessments again, after previous ones expired coz I had given up hope, and passed 2 DMIs this year.

Last edited:

Magarac

Hi does any one have contact from somebody from recruitment apart from Aimee. She emailed me end of Jan saying I passed interview and now have to do DFT and DMI with OPc but I never heard back from her. Chased few times already. I applied from Leamington spa

Termak

Hi does any one have contact from somebody from recruitment apart from Aimee. She emailed me end of Jan saying I passed interview and now have to do DFT and DMI with OPc but I never heard back from her. Chased few times already. I applied from Leamington spa
Don’t worry too much about it. This has been the quickest I’ve seen so far. I know it’s not easy waiting, but I guess they’re dealing with the current interview round. You will hear something soon.

chalkijr

Sorry to hear that pal. Don’t lose hope. I applied for Crewe and also got an email back today. It has been a long journey for me. Failed DMI in 2017, failed another DMI in 2018. Had to do all all assessments again, after previous ones expired coz I had given up hope, and passed 2 DMIs this year.
Well done on persevering! That's ace that you managed to pass congratulations! And congrats to everyone else that's been successful sorry for those that weren't, but atleast you've done the hard bit! Dust yourselves off and go again.

I'm waiting to hear back from mine so I've got my fingers crossed

walfo

Congrats to those that have passed!
Well done on persevering! That's ace that you managed to pass congratulations! And congrats to everyone else that's been successful sorry for those that weren't, but atleast you've done the hard bit! Dust yourselves off and go again.

I'm waiting to hear back from mine so I've got my fingers crossed
I hope it went well. How did you find it? I have mine tomorrow

Ducatist4

Just don't loose sight of the fact that this is for the talent pool so if you've been successful don't go handing your notice in until you've got an offer of a course in writing from them.

chalkijr

Congrats to those that have passed!

I hope it went well. How did you find it? I have mine tomorrow
Thanks, I think it went okay! It's a well structured interview but quite relaxed in my opinion. The driver managers were both really welcoming and seemed great. Good luck

I am guessing WMT HR are on Easter Holidays. I have sent a couple of emails over the past 10 days and received nothing back .

7819Hinton

Shrewsbury applicant.
It’s been a rollercoaster of emotions but finally Had my DMI last week in Shrewsbury (the same day HRH the queen visited. Clearly my lucky token) was notified 3 hours later that I’d been successful.
Conditional offer received the following day with a start date of 20/05/24.
Completed Onboarding and medical booked in.
Can’t allow myself to get too excited until I’ve ticked that box.
WMT have been so efficient with my application and delivered communication that i didn’t believe existed in the railway industry.(having followed all the recruitment threads and from my own personal experience)
Good luck to everyone else still in the process.

chalkijr

Shrewsbury applicant.
It’s been a rollercoaster of emotions but finally Had my DMI last week in Shrewsbury (the same day HRH the queen visited. Clearly my lucky token) was notified 3 hours later that I’d been successful.
WMT have been so efficient with my application and delivered communication that i didn’t believe existed in the railway industry.(having followed all the recruitment threads and from my own personal experience)
That's mad how fast that's happened, congratulations mate!

I'm still waiting from last Monday to hear back about my DMI.

7819Hinton

It is quick.
Thanks buddy. Keep the faith. Hopefully you’ll hear something soon.

It is quick.
Thanks buddy. Keep the faith. Hopefully you’ll hear something soon.
Out of interest, who did you contact? I have emailed Amiee a few times and received nothing. I passed my DMI for Crewe, told I had passed, was asked to provide holiday dates which I did, was told the holiday would clash with the course so would have to wait until next year. I emailed back saying I would be willing to not go on holiday whenever the dates are and heard nothing back??

chalkijr

Out of interest, who did you contact? I have emailed Amiee a few times and received nothing. I passed my DMI for Crewe, told I had passed, was asked to provide holiday dates which I did, was told the holiday would clash with the course so would have to wait until next year. I emailed back saying I would be willing to not go on holiday whenever the dates are and heard nothing back??
So have you been told when the courses are?

So have you been told when the courses are?
No, I had a very quick email back saying because my holidays clash with the courses I cant go on the course. I already told the driver managers the dates and said I would be willing to cancel holidays if required and he marked it up on the form.

7819Hinton

Aimee contacted me.
I did impress in the interview that I had no commitments that could not be moved, which had always been my standpoint which I’d agreed with the other half.
The other consideration I imagine will be the urgency for drivers for each depot.
I’m led to believe Shrewsbury will be increasing their services post June, so perhaps there is more priority there. Who knows.

Thanks, im sure they will get back to me, I was a little naive sending the dates, thinking they would give me the option.
I have emailed her 3 times since saying I would be willing to not go away during the training period. She will get a restraining order on me!!
Aimee contacted me.
I did impress in the interview that I had no commitments that could not be moved, which had always been my standpoint which I’d agreed with the other half.
The other consideration I imagine will be the urgency for drivers for each depot.
I’m led to believe Shrewsbury will be increasing their services post June, so perhaps there is more priority there. Who knows.

HeelBurton

Shrewsbury applicant.
Utrinique Paratus sir, you deserve this more than most. Congratulations and good luck