• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

WMT - Trainee Driver (Talent Pool) - Crewe / Shrewsbury / Leamington Spa (27/12/23)

benji98

Ooooo what’s this then? I’ve heard nothing since completely the SJT Saturday. Portal just says “this application is under consideration”.
I believe it's just a pre-recorded interview so doesn't actually involve speaking to anyone. Says it takes 5 minutes and I've got 7 days to complete it. No idea what sort of questions will get asked though. Think I'll just prepare as if it were a normal interview.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Danfilm007

I believe it's just a pre-recorded interview so doesn't actually involve speaking to anyone. Says it takes 5 minutes and I've got 7 days to complete it. No idea what sort of questions will get asked though. Think I'll just prepare as if it were a normal interview.

I had to do one of these years ago when I did one for Virgin in a non train crew role - was fairly simple! Just a standard interview format. I hope I hear back soon with a link to do it too!

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
Yeah it's a video based interview. 3 or 4 questions, nothing too taxing. Just read up on the job description and company

chalkijr

Has anybody been put through to next stage after SJT yet? Still waiting on an email to confirm if I've passed.

Also, anybody here who has also previously passed the assessment centre tests?

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
Has anybody been put through to next stage after SJT yet? Still waiting on an email to confirm if I've passed.

Also, anybody here who has also previously passed the assessment centre tests?
Yes had next steps email this morning.

You won't get an email to say you've passed the SJT, you will either get an interview invite or you won't.

Next is the online video interview.

Then it's psychometric testing 1&2, then DMI.

chalkijr

Yes had next steps email this morning.

You won't get an email to say you've passed the SJT, you will either get an interview invite or you won't.

Next is the online video interview.

Then it's psychometric testing 1&2, then DMI.
Funnily enough I got the email for the interview too not long after my message!

I've already passed psychometric tests and MMI to enhanced standards so I'm hoping that I can go straight to DMI if I manage to pass the interview video.

Have you attended a DMI with WMT?

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
Funnily enough I got the email for the interview too not long after my message!

I've already passed psychometric tests and MMI to enhanced standards so I'm hoping that I can go straight to DMI if I manage to pass the interview video.

Have you attended a DMI with WMT?
Yeah, after this stage you can skip to DMI is you've passed all the tests that WMT require. I did the same last year as already had testing done, and hopefully will be same this time but with a different outcome to my DMI!

hey all! What depot is this for? I applied for Leamington and haven’t heard anything since SJT.
Crewe for me

Termak

I was okay and looking forward to the next stage. I knew it would be a video interview, however, now that I’ve received the invitation, I feel nervous. The only video interview I did was just chaos. My mind went blank and I lost confidence. I hope this time around it will be different.

Cuppatea

Yeah, after this stage you can skip to DMI is you've passed all the tests that WMT require. I did the same last year as already had testing done, and hopefully will be same this time but with a different outcome to my DMI!

Crewe for me
ahhh I wonder if that’s why I haven’t heard anything

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
I was okay and looking forward to the next stage. I knew it would be a video interview, however, now that I’ve received the invitation, I feel nervous. The only video interview I did was just chaos. My mind went blank and I lost confidence. I hope this time around it will be different.
Just prepare for it like a normal face-2-face interview. Look at job description, company careers pages etc. The bonus of via video being you can have notes in front of you, or behind the camera to look at in the time before the recording of your answers.

It will ask the question, or give a scenario and then count down. Then is asks you to give your answer, so you do have (or I did at least) time to look at answers you prepared.

d44nny

Just had mine for leamington aswell. If anyone has completed these before can you advise if it is just one Constant recording or is it seperate clips for each question.

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
Just had mine for leamington aswell. If anyone has completed these before can you advise if it is just one Constant recording or is it seperate clips for each question.
Separate clips for each response

chalkijr

Crewe for me
That's good to know then, thanks! Fingers crossed I get passed this next stage.

I'm sure you'll have a better outcome this time. I'm assuming it's quite a testing DMI then?

I've also applied for Crewe

Termak

Just prepare for it like a normal face-2-face interview. Look at job description, company careers pages etc. The bonus of via video being you can have notes in front of you, or behind the camera to look at in the time before the recording of your answers.

It will ask the question, or give a scenario and then count down. Then is asks you to give your answer, so you do have (or I did at least) time to look at answers you prepared.
Nice one, I’ll take my time and prepare. Recently passed DMI with another toc, so hopefully if I tap into some of my notes it will help.

benji98

Can anyone advise if you get multiple takes on the video interview or do you just get one shot at each question? For example if I messed up an answer to a question would I be able to delete it and resubmit and new answer.

dereksingh291

On Moderation
I wonder how many people applied for the West Midlands Trains Trainee Train Driver positions based at Leamington, Shrewsbury & Crewe as the adverts lasted until the closing date?

chalkijr

Anyone know how many interview questions there are?
Might be different for everyone. I had 2 questions containing multiple questions with 1 minute to answer. Might be the end of the road for me on this occassion... as I had a difficult question and didn't manage to get my key points across in time... Good luck to everyone else

itsapablo

Might be different for everyone. I had 2 questions containing multiple questions with 1 minute to answer. Might be the end of the road for me on this occassion... as I had a difficult question and didn't manage to get my key points across in time... Good luck to everyone else
Never say never - it could of gone better than you think.

Soho

Two questions with multiple answers to be answered in one minute. That sounds like not a lot of time to explain yourself. Has anyone else confirmed if they had the same scenario.

SCDR_WMR

Established Member
Two questions with multiple answers to be answered in one minute. That sounds like not a lot of time to explain yourself. Has anyone else confirmed if they had the same scenario.
You get 1 minute per answer you record, not 1 minute for multiple

Any hints on what the questions are??Anybody?
You are honestly better off just cracking on with it and not procrastinate on it too much. I did it yesterday, it is obviously designed to make you think on your feet. The time is so short 1min for the first 1min 30 for the second, preparation is pointless. I think it's more about showing yourself and as I say thinking on your feet. It would be unfair for me to give the questions. Try and relax, clear your mind and concentrate on the question and do your best.