• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekC

Established Member
That's a very clever move which clearly aims to leave the way open for Hasslebanger's "Approach Direct" in the next round. There is only one possible way to save the situation. Knightsbridge

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ashley Hill

Established Member
That's a very clever move which clearly aims to leave the way open for Hasslebanger's "Approach Direct" in the next round. There is only one possible way to save the situation. Knightsbridge
Ah so that’s your strategy. I’m going to hang a left and say Hanger Lane!

Ostrich

In which case I shall invoke Logan's Run and make a dystopian move to Brent Cross.

DerekC

Established Member
Hmm - hold on while I consult the Almanac. OK - next high tide at Tower Bridge 6.26m AOD at 17:21 GMT today. So taking into account the RA of Venus (18h 24m 59s) and applying the Schrodinger factor we get an unequivocal pointer to .... High Barnet.

InkyScrolls

As it is a Thursday, that move can only be followed by a long hop to Walthamstow Central. If you find that hard to believe, I suggest you reread chapter four of Cressington Mornent (Beard et al., 1944).

Purple Train

Established Member
East Putney? East Putney? That seems like either the move of an evil genius or a novice. I shall assume that you are an evil genius rather than a novice and play Greenford, using the Italianate Quadrant.

InkyScrolls

I didn't want to say anything but East Putney did seem a rather brave move.

Using Ordbjörg's Rule I shall head all the way over to Amersham.

DerekC

Established Member
That's an even more courageous move at this stage in the game, but you may have got away with it. However I think it would be wise to move on as quickly as possible in case there are some aftershocks. The deepest station on the network is, I believe, Hampstead. Let's pause there for a bit and see what happens.

Established Member
Some could consider that a Craven move (nothing personal you understand).

This game is fast becoming Barking

DerekC

Established Member
Clever! But perhaps a little too hot for me.

Grumbley's "Rule of Seven" allows a number of options here, but the precedents set in the Great Game of 1964 suggest strongly that the next move should be to something connected with the monarchy. King George V appears obvious, but on balance I prefer Dagenham East.

Status
Not open for further replies.