• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mornington Crescent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DerekC

Established Member
I've done with planning. This game clearly runs a quantum basis - the train is at all stations and none until you enter the system, when entanglement kicks in and you find yourself at .... Oh no! not Turkey Street again - reality has worn paper thin and we are about to become part of the Aldi advert!

Loppylugs

Ah, Sloane Square, where I met the first love of my life, a trainee nurse called Penny Cillin. Took her home after a quick snog to Maida Vale.

DerekC

Established Member
Evidently there are very few true cockneys born these days, because modern ambient noise makes Bow Bells inaudible much beyond our next call of Shoreditch High Street and there are no maternity units in the area!

DerekC

Established Member
I am afraid that's an invalid move - two hyphenated moves in succession results in immediate application of a leg iron for the rest of the game. (Do be careful that the leg iron doesn't get near the third rail). And as the lucky successor, I get a wild move which I will use to get somewhere posh where aitches are never dropped - Chorleywood sounds about right.

Established Member
So near yet so far. So before someone puts this game out of its misery, that gives a chance to travel back in time for some jellied eels at Tubby Isaacs. Aldgate East

Loppylugs

Afraid the thought of those jellied eels have made me feel queasy. Going to have to do something nasty over the side of Putney Bridge. Watch out below !

DerekC

Established Member
Jellied eels for Christmas - delicious! You don't have to go back in time. Manze's pie and mash shop in Tower Bridge Road still does them - not far from Bermondsey - or you can order them on line and have them delivered anywhere in UK, I think.

Ashley Hill

Established Member
The current rule book which was superseded by the previous one three editions ago states that after three fish related moves one must go direct to Tower Hill.

Ostrich

I protest! According to Section 54 of the Metropolitan Police Act 1839, you are not allowed to fly a kite in public!
An unnecessary but enforced move, therefore, to Maida Vale.

InkyScrolls

Ooh - I'm sorry to have to break it to you, but as we've already seen Maida Vale played within the past seventeen moves (see Toughnall et al., 1877), both @Ostrich and @Loppylugs are now in Nip.

I'm limited in what I can do in this situation, but I'll try and help - methinks Tottenham Hale would be the most expedient call.

DerekC

Established Member
That's just asking for trouble! Why carry out such a provocative move when you could have alighted quietly and peacefully at Ravenscourt Park and walked the rest.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
I protest vehemently, I've been stitched up. I shall stage a sit-down in the middle of the Edgware Road tomorrow.
if you do that you may find yourself in clink so we better head to Chancery Lane and speak to our learned friends and get you some advice on your options.

DerekC

Established Member
It's Midwinter's Day so according to long tradition the Northern Line is wild. (This is backed by interpretation of the very earliest version of the rules, as found by Mrs Trellis inscribed in Irish ogham script on the back of an expired travelcard at the summit of the Great Orme). In which case I can at long last play ... Tooting Broadway!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.